A long cold winter means--

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by 2ofus, Feb 27, 2016.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I may have gone overboard on ordering plants! [​IMG] In fact I may have to enlarge my flowerbeds some, or a lot? [​IMG]

Here's what I ordered.

3 Delsoparma Cooperi

3 Phlox - Bright Eyes

1 Phlox - Blue Boy

2 Masterwort - Midnight Owl

2 Vera Jamison sedum

5 Stacy - Pink Cotton

3 Ajuga - Burgundy Glow

1 Aquilegia - Canadensis

1 Heucherella - Gold cascade

1 " - Redstone Falls

3 Spigelia

Has anyone else planned on adding any new plants or flowerbeds?

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I ordered a bit too but not as much as you did...I went and ordered 4 more daylilys and my hot lips salvia plus all of my cigar plants...I decided I better wait to get my annuals to fill in some areas with color all season. I enjoy going to the nursery so I can get the annuals then. I have over 90 daylilies, some the same ones from when they get too big I split them.

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

It means drooling over others warmer climates and wishing I was there. I did order a few veggie seeds from Gurneys--heat tolerant Galilee spinach, Black Magic Kale, and some LiL Sweetie Cantaloupe. These cantaloupe are just the right size for one person and are they every sweet. :smt007 I can't wait to eat some this summer. I also ordered Purple Majesty potato eyes to plant. They have a darker purple skin and their flesh is a lighter purple. They are higher in antioxidants because of their color. They also taste yummy but look quite strange when you mash them up. Last year I waited to long and they where all sold out. Not this year.

5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

The plants I ordered won't arrive until mid-May. Some are for my front yard flowerbeds that I'm going to re-do, others for a narrow bed in the back yard, some to add to my shade garden, and the heucherella are for hanging baskets. Right now everything is buried under a couple feet of snow.

Advertisement
  6. 102christa

102christa Seedling

2ofus i googled your plants and they're just beautiful! I love the Midnight Owl and the Canadensis, i wish i could just plant everything pretty but where to find the space.....

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I may have gone a little bit overboard but it's really hard to fall in love with a plant and not try it! Right now my front bed is over-run with self seeded pink and purple salvia, and whatever made me think I could control variegated dogwood and keep it nicely pruned! I have one planted in full shade and it is so easy to maintain but not when they are placed in full sun! I'm doing research now on some natural dwarf evergreen shrubs. I'd love to hear any recommendations for ones that would take full sun and zone 4 winters (hint).