A new life has problems, yes? no? Green onion Question.

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Jerry Sullivan, Nov 16, 2021.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Most of my veggies grow in aisle 20 across from where the bread grows. In the middle of the aisle, green onions grow in bunches, complete with an elastic. Each week I often take a couple of bunches home with me as well as other veggies. At home, when used, I cut off the root end, which find their way to the trash bag. One spring morning I instead, took the roots and planted them in a vacant flower box. They grew and flourished in the summer sun. Now as the days grow shorter and the crisp cool air reminds us that winter will soon be here, a question about survival arises. Will the plants survive the winter to once again bask under the summer sky? Or will they depart along with the other annuals?:(

As winter progresses aisle 20 is warm and always has a generous supply of green onions but……….

Home grown is an interesting, renewable, prospect.:)

Jerry

Droopy and Logan like this.
  2. Loading...