A perfect day!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Ronni, Sep 14, 2013.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Don't know what it's like where you are, but here in Nashville Tennessee it is one of those perfect, beautiful, gorgeous days! No humidity, perfect temps in the 70's, a very slight breeze, cloudless skies.....it couldn't be more right!

I took a few minutes and snapped a few pictures, then fooled around with them a little in my photo app. Now I'm heading back outside to enjoy this perfection while it lasts! :stew2:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

eileen, stratsmom, KK Ng and 2 others like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Ronni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Very beautiful. Think I'll stick myself in that envelope and get a free visit. Maybe a cup of coffee or wine, depending on the time of day I would arrive. :-D

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Can I come with Barb? Here it was cold all day. I had a farmers market this morning and I froze the entire time. BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRR!

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

70s? And cold?
    I thought I had a perfect day... about 95F, light rain shower, slight breeze. And I got to be home alone for most of the day. whoop whoop! :stew2:

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

"70s? And cold?
    I thought I had a perfect day... about 95F, light rain shower, slight breeze. And I got to be home alone for most of the day. whoop whoop!"

Nope, not here. We didn't make it to 65, I think and there was a cold breeze all day long. If you were in the sun it felt fine, but not in the shade.... We had 95 twice earlier this week. I loved it. WAAAY above norm, I think it set a couple records, but it was unseasonable hot and humid for here.

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Y'all are SO welcome! :smt050

C'mon over, we can sit out on the deck and absorb the splendor of the day. I'll put on the coffee and set out some fruit and crackers and cheese (and smoked oysters for me.....I LOVE smoked oysters, and I'm happy to share if any of you do too!) and I'll crack open a bottle of wine or two.

White or red? :stew2:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Never mind the wine I just want a tour of your garden Ronni. :D

9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Ronni,..interesting pictures,..shapes and shadows throw in some sunlight and you show some nice shots,..oh i will be at the gathering as well,..white wine for me please and i will be curious as to why butterflies land on you :) ,..i did attract a big blue one once or twice.

Same butterfly with wings closed.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Philip Nulty's Garden )

cherylad likes this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

So, tell me about your foto app. Is it for a fone or a conventional camera...or perhaps a tablet? Tell.

At any rate, it was nice to see the pics that you produced.

11. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

You're sweet Eileen, but it's not much of a garden, at least not with flowers and such. We have a huge backyard that is nothing but grass and trees, sloping towards a densely wooded area that is county land, and a small river runs back there too. Neither our nor our neighbors' yards are fenced, so it's very parklike back there because one yard just runs into another. The back deck is what the pictures are mostly of and I've tried to make it as pretty and inviting as possible. Other than my front garden which is a work in progress, there's not much else to see besides the small memorial garden I planted out back when my daughter's dog Chloe died.

Philip, your butterfly puts mine to shame! ;) It's really gorgeous. Oh, and one glass of white wine coming up!

Sjoerd I'm on a Mac, and the photo program I use is called iPhoto. I also have an app on my phone too that creates effects and makes collages and you can add text and such. It's called Frame Your Life.

Plus I use Photobucket, which is a free offsite photo hosting site. They have a decent range of on-board editing and special effects tools that I will sometimes use.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  12. sgmgarden

sgmgarden In Flower

Looks like it really was a beautiful day you had. Your garden looks lovely, great photos :)

13. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Lovely photos .... with smoke oysters too ... yum!!!