A Silly Story

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Droopy, Jan 4, 2016.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

When reading marlingardeners thread http://www.gardenstew.com/threads/does-nice-nice.36540/ I suddenly remembered an incident years ago that I'd like to share with you:

I needed to renew my passport, so I went to the police station. The officer who greeted me seemed grumpy and stressed out, so I thought I'd cheer him up a bit if I could.

- How may I help you, miss?
    - I'd like to report a theft.
    - Really? What happened? (He perked up a bit then.)
    - I went out with my friends Saturday evening to this bar and disco. We were there for a few hours, and this young man came along and stole my heart!

I got a long, hearty laugh from the officer.

- I'm sorry, miss, but I don't think I can help you there.
    - Ok, but maybe you can help me renew my passport?

The chap actually hummed as he went about his business, and I felt it was a job well done. I can be pretty inventive at times.

Anybody else got a silly story they'd like to share?

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Haha :chuckle: That story made me laugh Droopy!

Droopy likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Not as good as your story, Droopy! I bet that policeman told that story for years, and got hearty laughs from it. Spread the joy, spread the joy!

Droopy likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

When I was younger I worked for the postal service where I drove around to businesses and picked up their mail as well as emptying a large number of mailboxes.

When it was time for me to move on, the bosses sent a really young chap to me and I was meant to take him around and show him the routes and how I did my job.

We went into one of the businesses where we were met by this gorgeous girl with huge blue eyes, an enchanting smile and a stunning figure and holding down the fort at the front desk. I did the usual friendly greeting as well as introduced the guy that would be taking over my route....and asked if there was any post for me to take away.

She said that there was...we had a quick chit-chat and as I turned to leave, I looked over my shoulder and asked if we still had a supper date. She said yes and asked how late I would be coming. I said that it would be around 7. I flirted a bit and suggested that I would like to stay the night, to which she agreed. I said my goodbye's and left with a huge grin on my face.

The bloke that I was showing the ropes looked at me with these huge eyes as we went down the steps to the auto, saying..."Can you DO that"?!
    Feeling pretty sure of myself now, I replied, " Of course".

He continued, "...and then you said that you wanted to spend the night...and she said, Oké"!!

I said that yes but I had been going out with her for awhile and that I sometimes did a few things for her around the house.

He asked what I charged then....and I said that she let me sleep with her.
    His jaw then REALLY dropped as he shook his head.....
    The chap had quite a dark completion, but I'll tell you he went absolutely greyish from shock at this last bit of enlightenment.

We drove a few more hours until the work had been completed and he kept mentioning his surprise at my good fortune chatting up that receptionist.

Before we parted ways, I felt that I couldn't let him go without coming clean with him....I sheepishly told him that the girl that I chatted up was actually my wife.

Oddly, he seemed almost more surprised at THIS news.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Hahah, Sjoerd, what a story! :smt043 Poor chap, I guess he had gotten his hopes up during the day, and you shattered his day dreams.

7. Droopy

Oh, I just remembered another story, but that just goes to show that I sometimes don't think, just act.

I had a very early doc's appointment. On my way home I had to drive through the shopping mall area. There's usually a lot of traffic, but this was early so there weren't many around.

I saw someone waiting at a zebra crossing so I stopped. The someone crossed over, and I drove on.

Then I realized I had stopped for a magpie, and the magpie had actually jumped across the zebra crossing. I could probably have been mistaken for a red light as I sat there, hot with embarrassment and very glad I hadn't seen anybody I knew... :smt101 I guess I should have posted it at MLIA (My Life Is Average).

2ofus, eileen and marlingardener like this.
  8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Great story Droopy and Sjoerd....I wish I could think of things faster ...

Droopy likes this.
  9. Droopy

Sherry, my idiotic ideas just pop up, often at very inappropriate times. I can share some of my imagination with you if you like. :D

Sherry8 likes this.
  10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Droopy...please do share some more of your stories and ideas...:)