A Tale Of 2 Trellis or Is It Going To Be 3?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by KK Ng, Aug 9, 2021.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

The weather had not been kind to me for awhile but it is improving now. It had been hot, hot and hot! As a result my newly planted luffa plant is not flowering but looks like it is growing wild.

[​IMG]

I tried to trim it down but knowing that when the weather changed it will start to flower and bear lots of fruits. I did trim off some of the weaker vines but it just keep on growing and I decided to let it cross border to let it grow on the neighbouring trellis.

[​IMG]

The weather now is conducive for the luffa plant to flower and bear fruits but it still wants to reach out further and I am wandering should I pinch of it's tip to stop it from growing further.

[​IMG]
    Almost reaching the 3rd trellis.

It is also flowering now.

[​IMG]
    What a beautiful sight :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Its all looking so good.
    There is a lady on our complex that is growing luffa this year. I am curious to see if she has a good result in this climate.

4. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Sjoerd, I am curious too especially on the pruning part :)

I diverted those vine to grow along the 2nd trellis and did some minor pruning of new vines. Some of the weaker vines were also removed but I am glad I did not stop those intruding vines from growing. This morning I found some female flower buds growing on them :)

Sjoerd likes this.
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well mate, I am going to be really interested in how this progresses for you. Please keep us posted.