A very big scare!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by jakrum421, Aug 18, 2009.

1. jakrum421

jakrum421 Seedling

On Aug. 7, my family and I were headed north for a family reunion weekend. We barely made it 10 miles when another car smashed into us from behind at 50mph while we were waiting to turn left. Although I was wearing my seatbelt, my face hit the dashboard very hard. I broke my nose and my neck and shoulders were whiplashed hard. But amazingly, my 4 children, who were all in carseats, didn't have a scratch on them. Thank God for the person that invented those wonderful carseats! The only injury my hubby (who was driving) got was cuts on his hands from reaching through the broken rear window to check on the kids. Our minivan is a total loss and we got our new one already last week. I am going in tomorrow to have my nose reset. I will be black and blue for another week or so, but otherwise am feeling pretty good now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Notice how close the smashed metal is to where my middle son's carseat had been.

[​IMG]
    My "pretty" face a few days after the accident

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

OMG
    Seat belts and carseats are blessings in this case. So very glad the children weren't hurt and sorry to hear about your injuries.

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Lord ya'll are lucky .Your bruises are really bad but all in all you are all so lucky.Thank God your kids were all ok.

5. POTTERMOORE

POTTERMOORE New Seed

The good lord was with you and your family. It could have so much worse and very glad it wasn't. Take care of yourself.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's easy to replace a car but you can't replace people so thank goodness none of you were seriously hurt in the crash. I hope all goes well for you when you go to get your nose reset and that the bruises and whiplash fade quickly. I just hope that the memories you have of the smash will fade in time too.

7. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I agree, OMG! That must have been terrifying for you and your husband. Bad enough to be in a crunch when you are alone, but to have all the children in the car...eek! Thank goodness you were all belted in safely. Good luck having your nose reset, fingers crossed the swelling and bruises settle quickly and I hope your husbands hands are healing and the children aren't traumatised too badly by the event.

8. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Thank goodness you are all safe. A gasp when I saw the mini van. Hopefully you will be on the mend soon.

9. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Wow Jakrum, glad everyone is ok. I can't imagine your thoughts just after the minivan was hit.

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

Accidents are always scarey. Good to hear everyone is and will be alright.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh my gosh, that must have been so scary!!
    Thank goodness you are all OK ... it could have been so much worse. Will there be any charges laid to the driver of the other car?

12. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

That brought tears to my eyes - you were all so lucky. Thank God... Take good care and I hope you recover quickly. Gosh. Make sure you get really good care for your neck and shoulders -- whiplash injuries can take a long time to heal completely.

13. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Thank goodness you were all wearing seat belts and the kids were in car seats. I've seen so many parents let the children go without them. Did you make your reunion? I would have been doubly upset if I were you. Good luck with your nose. dooley

14. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Thank goodness, it could have been so much worse. Hope you all recover quickly.