A Very Interesting Sight!

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by S-H, Nov 3, 2012.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

In this world where everyone is focused on nothing but looting the resources of the planet - All because they just want to make a quick gain for themselves, and so to hell with the future I guess...

This is why I believe many open places in my city have been covered by high rise building in the last quarter century.

However, I recently realized that all is not lost! Because I came across this push cart street vender, who instead of selling useless objects made from plastic - Is instead making a decent living by selling plants!

He says that selling plastic toys, mobile phone accessories, and other things like the cheap writwatches made in China for example - All of those combained, never gave this poor man the income he gets from selling plants.

He said: "Plants really do grow on their own, with a minimum amount of care. So one day I just took a chance and put plants on my push cart (instead of the usual plastic items). And I till this day have not been disapointed by my sales! I also realized that I do not get very tired selling plants, they somehow keep my mood fresh"!

Anyway, I really liked what I saw, so I am now sharing it with everyone over here! :D

[​IMG]
    The Plant Push Cart! ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

Frank, carolyn, chocolate and 7 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

A very enterprising vendor with enough foresight to go against the grain. There are many benefits besides the monitory ones. His customers will enjoy his vision for a long time. Thank you for sharing.

Jerry

4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Yes that is very true Jerry, lots of people over here are now getting really sick of the norms, the never ending rat-race, and so on...

Take this image for example - It caught my eye as I was passing through a district of my city, which everybody thinks is now abandoned.

However there is this lone store, in a location where nothing else seems to be thriving - Anyway, the name of the store speaks volumes about the attitude of people these days! BUY-N-BYE SUPPER MART!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Anyhow, think that this too qualifies as an interisting sight! :D

[​IMG]
    Buy-N-Bye store! ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

calinromania likes this.
  5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Great idea. Probably cheers up the folks on the streets too seeing a cart of pretty plants coming by.

Advertisement
  6. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

What a great idea! I have visions of a pushcart at the next Main Street Festival, filled with produce and plants from the community garden. I think I know where I can borrow a pushcart . . . .
    Thank you for the cheering photo, and the great idea!

7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Do please upload pictures of your Main Street Festival! Would really enjoy seeing this idea spread over to the other side of the world!

Seriously, when you look at it a certain way - You realize that it is 100% organic! The pushcart itself is made from recycled wood panels which were discarded. It's wheels too are also re-used motorcycle tyres and rims. No fissile fuel is used to power it in any way, it is pushed by human energy alone. The items for sale of course are all organic too (in clay pots, not plastic).

So all in all, I'd say that it is a smashing idea!!! :D

8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

What a great story & a great photo too! Thanks S-H!

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

S-H, I'll get photos of our Main Street Festival next spring if possible. The next one is the Christmas Fest--no plants, but lots of candy, cookies, and crafts.

10. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

What do you know!? This seems to have somehow started a trend! As just yesterday I saw another pushcart with nothing but plants on it! And this was a different man, however his story was similar to the first guy!

I guess more and more people are now getting fed up of the concrete jungle that we once loved so much... :D

[​IMG]
    Another plant pushcart! ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Same new plant pushcart again! ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

calinromania likes this.
  11. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I sure hope the trend spreads. Who wouldn't love seeing one or more these going our the neighborhood. :stew2:

12. mart

mart Strong Ash

Would love to buy some plants from a cart like that. They are gorgeous. Excellent post,,enjoyed seeing the plants and carts.

13. sewNsow

sewNsow In Flower

Not likely to see out here but I would sure love to see a cart like that in town.
    sNs