Across the lake...

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Sherry8, Oct 30, 2018.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

It was such a calm day and everything looked so peaceful across the lake from us... October 30, 2018 013 (2).jpg

2ofus, Gail-Steman, Sjoerd and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

@Sherry8 That is just beautiful for a fall day...reminds me of where I grew up..

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Lovely, just lovely! Thank you for sharing your view, Sherry8.
    Our little pond was calm today, just a few ripples. We are hoping the migratory ducks will show up soon. We can't hope for the vast numbers you have, but we'll be looking for our ducks, in any numbers we get!

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Such a tranquil view. Looking out over the lake on a day like that must be so relaxing. Thanks for sharing with us.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Nice! As eileen said, very tranquil!

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I don't think we will ever get sick of looking out at the lake...it can change so quickly and the other day we had water going over the tops of our rocks . I will post a picture of it. October 20,2018 048 (2).jpg

eileen likes this.
  8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

we plan on building it up some more on the right side so water doesn't go over the rocks as much. We tried fishing yesterday and nothing was biting. Thank you everyone...

9. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

@Sherry8 it does look calm and really relaxing...such a shame no fish was biting :( years back when I first met my hubby he loved fishing and asked me to go and omg it's great and all your worries drift away.

10. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I agree Gail...I think the water calms you. I find myself looking around too much when I should be watching my bobber...;)...we have 2 large windows in our living room and our recliners face the water so we can look out at it. I find myself missing some parts of the show because I am looking out...no big deal, I just can't get enough of looking at it!:whistling:

Gail-Steman likes this.
  11. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Sherry do you get a feeling like water pulls you as I do?..i tried the bobber lark mate but couldn't see it :smt082...so I have two rods on alerts so I watch the water and sit back and relax besides cuppa's and e-cig ;)

How stunning to have your windows facing the water...I think it's the movement of water doing it for you, then there's the beauty of the water when it slightly changes colour :)

I'm packing my bags and i'm on my way :setc_083:

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

oops...sorry Gail...we have been busy, sorry if I missed you! We still have some boats on the water but since our weather has cooled down and we are getting frost, not as much traffic. Once the lake is frozen, usually it doesn't freeze completely, the snow mobiles will be on it and the ice fisherman. Usually there is something going on and once the water freezes and one part is open, the eagles come and fish and eat their fish up in our tree. They are so majestic, especially the mature ones...

Gail-Steman likes this.
  13. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

No need to apologise mate as I totally understand as we all have lives before the internet ;)
    So you'll still have the lovely pleasure from your view of watching birds feed over winter...years back frozen lakes used to be used as ice rinks...I mean that must have been lovely through the winter :)

14. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

We used to go tobogganing (a long flat sled) when I was growing up...we would go from a man made incline onto the lake. I never did find out why it ended, most likely because of safety if the lake wasn't ready. You always have some people that don't listen and take chances. We always have a truck or two on the news that went through the ice somewhere in Wisconsin every winter because they didn't know the lake and where the current is. My husband used to ice fish and drove out many times but you should stay on the paths that the ice fishing clubs make.

Gail-Steman likes this.
  15. Gail-Steman

Gail-Steman Young Pine

Sherry sometimes people are brainless and never think of the consequences they're taking and it's not hard to follow paths already made :shrug: