Active member on more forums???

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by calinromania, Mar 20, 2012.

1. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

I just have one question. What if you are member (like me) on more than just one gardening forums???
    In Romanian, I only contribute to one forum. But in English, there's about 2-3.
    Do you? Are you?
    :rolleyes:
    Well, sometimes info varies, topics too, but sometimes I find doubles. Well, nothing bad.
    But how do you do it? What threads do you start on what forum?
    Sometimes I do copy-paste from one to the other but I feel I am doing the same thing twice, even though it's really just some clicks.
    IF you see my posts on another forum, don't take it personally!!!
    :D

Are any of you 100% dedicated to this forum???

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. kate
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Zigs
      Replies:
      Views:

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I am on one other gardening forum--in fact, I help moderate it. Both are invaluable to me, although I find this forum to have more of a "family" and the other more of a "community" feeling. I left one big garden forum because of the rigidity and acidity of the members. Not a problem here!
    I get ideas for my blog from both, and often will pose a question on both to get the maximum information about a gardening question.
    I am 100% dedicated to the Stew--you couldn't get me off it with a stick of dynamite! But I do enjoy the other forum also.

4. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I used to be an active member in 4 garden forums. I have a job, 3 kids, and a house to take care of so there just isn't time to do all 4 anymore. I find this one the best and most friendly, so this is where I spend my time. Yup, you wouldn't get me off here with dynamite either :D

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Garden Stew is my most favorite place to be. I look at another gardening one, but mostly for things that are not on here.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Officially I am still on the membership list of a large gardening forum but haven't been there in years. I left because of the acidity and "Don't question my answer, I am always right" attitude of the more vocal members. I wonder how I can cancel my membership on the other one, it's been so long I don't remember my password or anything.:rolleyes:

I'm 100% dedicated to GardenStew too.

Cal, don't worry about being on more than one forum. Like you said topics will vary from forum to forum, especially concerning rare plants or plants specific to your part of the world and you need to find more information. And if you have a plant that you have never seen mentioned here, feel free to start a topic about it ...photos, growing and care advice. Learning about plants is not limited to those we can grow in our own gardens.

7. donna in nc

donna in nc In Flower

I am on more than 1 but find the stew my main family type one just mainly look at the flowers on others and have a few friends there but here is my main garden spot

8. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

This is the only gardening forum I belong to. When doing internet searches, I find myself looking at other forums, but never had the urge to join them.
    Consider me one of the 100% dedicated Stewbies.

9. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

This is the only forum I belong to. Luckily, this was the first forum I found when I was searching for an answer to whatever question I was asking so long ago. I have looked at other forum posts for info, but had no desire to join them. I also agree that it is very friendly and enjoyable here.

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well there's nowhere that even comes close to GardenStew in my opinion. I was a member of another couple of gardening forums but no more. I am, however, a member of a Flora and Fauna forum where the members post photographs of wildlife and flowers that can't be seen in our gardens but that's it.

11. fatbaldguy

fatbaldguy In Flower

No other gardening forums, but, golf-3, firearms-2, religious studies-2. I refuse to discuss politics anywhere/time.

12. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

This is my home away from home. Don't need any other.

13. calinromania

calinromania Young Pine

THANK YOU for the answers !!!
    I used to be on 5 I think (Romanian 1 and English 4).
    Now it's Romanian 1 of course, and maybe 2 in English. The other two... one was "paid subscription" and the other a bit slow.
    I never considered daves... as a forum for the same reason. Money.
    I use it though, for some trades and to check up on pictures and hardiness and info for different plants new to me.

SO... stew rocks!
    :)

14. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I am a lurker on other forums mostly. I consider Stewbies as a sort of extended family. Weird I know but true!

15. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I have joined a couple other gardening websites, but haven't been very impressed, and I don't visit them much anymore.
    Garden Stew is by far my home, I feel welcome and have made so many friends here.

Netty likes this.
  16. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Frank, read over the responses to Cal's question, and you'll see a common thread--friendly forum!
    The webmaster sets the tone, and you have succeeded in creating a friendly, happy site for us dirty-fingered folk to visit, chat, and learn. Thank you!

toni and Netty like this.