Almost forgot the rest of the garden junque I bought

Discussion in 'Garden Junk' started by toni, Jun 1, 2011.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I lost count of the number of junque, thrift and combo antique/junk shops where the really good stuff is way at the back that we wandered through last week. But I walked out empty handed from more of them than I expected to :eek:

With a couple of holes drilled into this bowl it will become a succulent planter.

[​IMG]
    8" across and 3" deep ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

In case I might need them someday to hold homemade salves or creams, I tend to collect old glass and milk glass jars. The jar originally held a deodorant cream and the two glass pots held cream for coffee at restaurant.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

It has two bolts on the back that make us think it used to be a metal gate or door decoration.

[​IMG]
    Old metal decor for a gate or door? ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The planter comes off the hook and the top opens up. I think it will end up holding a succulent called String of Bananas.

[​IMG]
    Planter ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

The brown one will be a planter for mint, the three blue ones will become watering cans hanging on the rain barrels, The lids from all of them will be hung with that metal cup and some spoons to make a wind chime out back.

[​IMG]
    Pots and a cup ( photo / image / picture from toni's Garden )

Frank, Droopy, cherylad and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. toni
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. toni
      Replies:
      Views:

3. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Great finds Toni! I tried picking a favorite but just couldn't do it!! Can't wait to see them in all their glory.

4. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I like the planter, a prison for bad plants. :) The coffee creamers remind me of my plant rooting collection beakers. Various sizes 25 ml to 500 ml glass lab beakers for rooting cuttings. Toni, you must have a junque magnet guidance system in your car/truck that leads you to the 'good stuff'

Jerry

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I have a soft spot for metal jugs, mugs, buckets and stuff. Are those blue jugs metal? I like them best, but the rest of your stuff is darn good too. :D

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I love that bowl Toni. I would fill it with water and put floating, flower shaped candles in it on my coffee table. I also like the 'cage' planter and the water jugs. You find so many great things that just aren't available here.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Cheryl, if you couldn't pick a favorite then I had been be on the lookout for sneaky hands out to grab them ;)

Jerry, one of these days Randy is going to find that junque magnet in his truck and dismantel it, I am running out of room in the closet and in the garden so I guess it wouldn't be a bad idea. The planter is now a holding cell for a Senecio radicans - String of bananas. And I just realized the GS plants doesn't have that plant in it's database, gotta go correct that.

Droopy, those blue pots are metal one still has the percolate parts in it but those are going to be added to my original coffee pot windchime that came apart a year or so ago.

Eileen, holding candles would be a good idea....mmmmm, now you have me rethinking it's use.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh wow! I LOVE that bowl! It would be a shame to drill a hole in it... I'd be using that beauty as a fruit bowl!