An Endeering Foto

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Feb 2, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

4C7CCE5C-908A-40BE-A4B6-8E60C2D829D4.jpeg

This Foto has a story:
    So this child and his family were on vacation in a rented house somewhere in Virginia. The parents were inside packing- up. The mum heard the kid come back from playing in the woods, and when she opened the door and saw this scene. He announced to his mum that he had a new friend. She slowly and quietly went to get her fone, snapped a pic, then told her child to take his little friend back to the woods so it could find its mother.

Does it melt you?

Jerry Sullivan, S-H, Jewell and 6 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Melt? I'm a puddle . . . .

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh yes it certainly does.
    I worry though that the young deer may have lost its mother and that's why it has attached itself to the child.

5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Adorable! I don't know which face is cuter! Notice how the little boy is still in his PJ's?

@eileen A fellow I know, a bow hunter who is super responsible about how he hunts, knows a lot about deer, feeds them during a hard winter, etc has told me that the mothers are pretty good at finding & reclaiming their babies. And if the mom has died, he told us that typically another doe will adopt the baby(ies). I hope this is true.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    S-H and Growingpains like this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

You are so right...they are both cute. Very cute. Yes, I had noticed the PJ’s. It was just a totally adorable scene.

Good to note that the faun will be taken back probably. Its physical condition looks good, doesn’t it. Shiny nose and round flanks, erect ears and clear and alert eyes. Its fur is in good shape as well.

I feel confident that it will be alright.

Growingpains and marlingardener like this.
  7. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

I recently read that mama deer sense that the newborn are safer for awhile away from mama. She will return periodically to feed the fawn
    and will keep an eye from cover. If I find the article I will copy and paste it here. (Adore the child and fawn.

S-H, Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

This picture is proof that humans and animals can indeed peacefully co-exist just fine. In fact we should learn from animals, how we all now need to take care of each other, (specially during these times of climate change)...

Growingpains and Cayuga Morning like this.
  9. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Once a deer doe walked down our street. I held my hand out, never imagining she would look. She did and I felt sad as if I disappointed her.
    We no longer get deer here. The fields and woods have made way for more trailer parks.