Another Loquat problem. Rotting

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by newgrow, Apr 19, 2010.

1. newgrow

newgrow Seedling

First I had a bug problem now this. It looks like they are rotting and now a lot of them are splitting. Why. I have never had this happen. My mother in law lives 1 house down and her tree is perfect. No bugs no problems and never even sprayed. So why would it happen to my tree? The actual distance between her tree and mine is about half a football field.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from newgrow's Garden )

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from newgrow's Garden )

Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

Have you had a lot of rain lately or does the area that it is in not have good drainage ?? That is what I would guess as most fruits will do this with too much water !! Tomatoes are the worst for splitting due to excessive rain but peaches, apples, and plums will split as well !!

4. newgrow

newgrow Seedling

Well I guess the only problem with over watering would be do to poor drainage. The other two houses within a stones throw are fine, no spiting and they don't have all the browning spots that mine do. We all water once a week and it has not rain in a few weeks. cept once or twice just barely wet the ground. That's it.

5. mart

mart Strong Ash

Why don`t you take some of the problem leaves and fruit to the County Extension agent where you live !! They are a wealth of information on problems in that specific county !!

Advertisement
  6. newgrow

newgrow Seedling

had no idea! I may do so.Thanks

7. mart

mart Strong Ash

You will usually find them wherever your county seat is at the courthouse !! They also have all kinds of brochures and fliers about stuff like that !! A few good recipe/preserving ideas as well !! They are free to the public !!