Another quilt top finished

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by dooley, Jul 29, 2008.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I finished the top of Erin's quilt. Hopefully I will get the rest of it done by Friday or maybe not. At least she will be able to see what it will be like. It will be held together with pink buttons of different sizes and shades going up and down the rows of crazy pink print. Erin is my granddaughter and is 12. She likes pink and "girly" according to my son. I think this might fit the description.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The print hearts have lace around them. I had a few different ones that I used including a pink one. The plain hearts are 6 strands of embroidery thread in different shades.
    Dooley

2. Loading...

3. kuntrygal

kuntrygal Texas Rose

Dooley you are so talented. Any young girl should be happy to have the quilt in her room. I know she will love it and show it off proudly. I know you are looking forward to your busy weekend. Have fun! ;)

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

That is really pretty, she is going to love it. Hope they have a good AC in their house since she won't want to wait for winter to have it on her bed.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Dooley I don't know how you find the time to make your beautiful quilts with all the other things you do. Erin is going to be thrilled to bits when she sees what you have made for her. :stew1:

Advertisement
  6. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh I adore it dooley .It is absolutely gorgeous.I know Erin will be so proud of that beauty.The colors are wonderful.You have worked so hard on it.

7. gardengater

gardengater Young Pine

Dooley, that is beautiful! What little girl wouldn't love that!
    Gardengater

8. petunia

petunia Young Pine

that is so gorgeous. You did a good job. I know she will like it.

9. wannabe

wannabe Young Pine

That is a beautiful quilt. Your new grandkids will be jealous. Wannabe

10. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

I love it!!! Of course I'm kind of a "pink freak" :D You did an amazing job. She will cherish it!
    Deanna
    :-D

11. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

Ohh i love it,, so feminine! I love pink too. I really believe Erin is going to love it as much as we all do. Well done Dooly. Very beautiful.

12. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

It's so beautiful! I bet it's going to get taken everywhere with her, quilts like that are like a big hug!

13. PepperDude

PepperDude In Flower

And a keepsake!!! All 5 of us still have the ones our mother made us when we were young mine is prolly 30 years old. When i take it out and use it well... feels like mom is right there. And thats a real beauty dooley ! Thanks for sharing and for the trip down memory lane...

14. tschnath

tschnath In Flower

What a great job you did Dooley. Erin will absolutely treasure it I'm sure. I haven't attempted quilts yet but looking at yours makes me want to. Just so time consuming, it'd probably take me 3 years to get 1 done. Bravo to you!

15. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I finished the quilt on Friday morning. All 156 buttons got sewed on Thursday night and Friday morning. We had to stretch it out and make sure I hadn't missed a spot. Erin loved it. She said it was so great and would look just right in her room. She was hugging it when they left. Wendy asked Ben if he would like grandma to make him a quilt for his bed like she made for Erin. Ben said, "NO! I don't want a pink quilt with hearts on it!" That got a laugh from everyone. Now, I have pattern ideas in my head and a folder for Ben's quilt. It will have robots on it. I just can't decide if it should be one big robot or smaller ones. I was thinking I could make smaller robots interspersed with rockets? I'll have to think on it for a bit. Jacob still wants dinosaurs. I've almost decided how to do that. It will be a big dinosaur with trees and grass and maybe a smaller flying one above the trees. That's something I will have to draw out and see how it would look. dooley

16. NINA

NINA New Seed

Beautiful quilt Dooley! My Mom's a quilter. I treasure all of mine that she has made. Erin is a lucky girl, she will love it.