"Anti-Mate" (or similar) Spray for bitches

Discussion in 'Pets' started by sharon mc, Sep 22, 2008.

1. sharon mc

sharon mc Seedling

Hi, I wondered whether anyone had any experiences of using this product, please? We are going away with our 2 dogs next weekend, for a week and although our labrador isn't due to come into heat until mid-October, I was going to pack this product for emergency use. If anyone has used it, I would be glad to know whether it works. Thanks.

2. playtime8978

playtime8978 In Flower

i havent heard of the product but know when we had a collie who came into heat it was hard work to keep her away from amourous dogs, so if it works that would be fantastic Iwould be interested to know also if it works for future reference, my mom is very up on these things and i am seeing her later today so i will ask her if she has come across it in her work and what she thinks of it, easiest way for us would have been having the girl neutered but originally we had wanted to have a litter off her until we realised she was too highly strung to risk it. hopefully I will have some info on it later tonight when I get home from my mothers

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sharon anti-mate spray is something I haven't actually come across as it wasn't around in my vet days. I know you can get the 'doggie pill' though from your veterinary clinic. Maybe your mum will have more up-to-datre information for you or you could try ringing the vet and ask what solution would be best for you. Do let us know if the spray works though as it could help other members in a similar situation. :-D