Anybody know how to pick out and buy a hot tub?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by jakrum421, Jun 9, 2008.

1. jakrum421

jakrum421 Seedling

I will be receiving my inheritance from my mother's estate in the next couple of weeks and hubby and I decided that we are going to buy a hot tub for our backyard. I haven't a clue where to begin. It will be used mostly just by hubby and I. The kids are a little young for it (4, 2, and 7 months). We want it for relaxation and to soothe aching muscles and my sore back. I do have the perfect spot for it surrounded by shrubs and a couple of nice Japanese elms for privacy. The trees will be far enough away though to prevent them from shedding all over in the tub. Any advice anyone can give sure would be appreciated. TIA!

2. trudy

trudy In Flower

I will take a stab at this. You can always upgrade later down the road, but you might want to at least go with a 4 seater an they make them now with the jets that go all the way down the back. You definately want a cover for it. It will help hold the heat in while its heating up an keep the little ones out when its not in use, keep in mind it is like a mini pool an little ones will drown.

They all come with heat. They now come with built in stereos an I don't even know what else. My advise is to go to a Hot Tub/Pool Outlet store an check out what they have, go to several in fact an comparison shop before you settle on any one tub. They are not cheap. But some aren't to bad of price. Just depends on what you want.

3. leslieplumber

leslieplumber New Seed

Check your local Craiglist

I would recommend checking out your local Craigslist for a hot tub. Can save a bundle buying this way. Most people that have money aren't big spenders by the way, so try to put a chunk of that inheritance away.

Cheers,
    Leslie