Anyone else into Christmas decorating?

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by SusieQ07, Nov 19, 2013.

1. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

We are into it bigtime, since T-day is so late this year, our 1st. lighting is always Dec. 1st. and as you may remember we go all out! have been working on it for 2 weeks off and on and still have all our lawn items to set up, this weekend. If you have not seen my last yr display you can view it here music added. we have added so much more this year in lighting etc. it will be Awesome!! slideshow to come later stay tuned LOL

http://youtu.be/OP8lfLkwHSU

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Susie when I try to see the video I get this message:

"This video is private.

If the owner of this video has granted you access, please log in."

I hope you'll take lots of photographs of this years decorations as I always look forward to seeing what you have done. Every year I show your pictures to my family and they love them as much as I do. :-D

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

SusieQ, we decorate a bit. I put pine swags on the fences at our entrance, a wreath on the door, and we have a big tree with ornaments we have collected over the years. We also have about 40 nativity scenes from around the world (if I remember, I'll post photos of some of them when we get them out) that get spread around the house. However, we'll never match your lovely decorations!

5. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

I made the utube slideshow public so there should be no prob. viewing it?

Advertisement
  6. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

That is beautiful. I don't do much anymore. We are just 3 people left and well we just don't feel like it anymore.

Yours is very nice....

7. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

It is only the two of us old retired folks here dh & I but this is what we love to do! the outside is for others to enjoy, the inside is all for us!! You are young, come on get with it!! LOL No family here so no more big parties or dinner parties, our Holiday dinners are all reserved at dinner theaters, so can get dressed up and go out and Enjoy our Holidays together for as long as we have.. We love to see the cars and buses go by our home slowly enjoying our display, makes our hearts swell.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks for fixing the link Susie. It's a real pleasure to see your Christmas displays. I'm looking forward to see what you've added this year.

9. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Not me. I do put up a few decorations...just enough to make it feel/look like Christmas. And this is usually done about the week before and they get taken down on New's Year day.
    I do enjoy seeing decorations... and your's is REALLY beautiful. Looking forward to seeing the new additions.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I don't start decorating until at least December 1st, and our tree goes up the Friday before Christmas. My daughter's birthday is late in November so I like to let her enjoy 'her day'. If Christmas decorations were up any longer than that, I think I would go crazy!!

11. annieh

annieh Seedling

SusieQ, the lights are beautiful. I remember as a kid, my dad and mom taking us on a drive to see all the light displays. There was one fellow who went all out and everyone in town was always anxious for when his lights were up. So nice you all do this for the community! We still put up a tree and decorations and just a few light strands outside where I can see them from the kitchen window.

12. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

This is the extent of our outside decorating, other than the swags on the barn lot gate, and the wreath on our door.
    [​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from marlingardener's Garden )
    We enjoy having the electric candles in the front windows--no one around here had seen that done, and now there are several homes that have candles in the windows.