Anyone have an estimate of the cost to add a room?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by dandmkirby, Feb 19, 2005.

1. dandmkirby

dandmkirby New Seed

I have a simple 1-bedroom house, and need some kind of a ball park on what it would cost to add a second floor master bedroom (bedroom, closet, and bathroom).

I don't have any frame of reference. Would it be closer to 100K? or 500K? I know there are a lot of variables, and I will need to get an architect and contractor. But, before I do that, I was hoping to get some type of high level estimate.

Have you added a second floor room and bathroom? How much did it cost you?

Thanks!

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi dandmkirby and welcome to the Garden Stew forums :) I hope you have an informative stay ;)

I have moved this topic in the Home Improvement section so there is a better chance it will get answered here.

Welcome!

4. digitalMedia

digitalMedia New Seed

I can't imagine anyone could give you a qualified estimate based on the info you're providing. :(

5. HGPgal

HGPgal New Seed

Usually you can count on new construction costing between $80 and $150 a square foot. Depends on how elaborate and where you are located. Generally, you can add a bathroom for less than $10k (more like 6-7k).

Contact a general contractor to help guide you. 8)

HTH.
    Blessings,

Advertisement
  6. cyoung35

cyoung35 New Seed

I have looked into adding the exact same thing on my cabin in the mountains and it is hard enough trying to find a reliable contractor that can do the work for a fair price. My estimates were from $15k to up around $25k for a standard bedroom and bathroom. If you know anyone in the business it would be worth it to buy the materials and pay them to do it as long as you trust them that is the key. I hope this helps and good luck on your project.

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i would like to have an estimate for
    a 2 level with 1 master room+1standa room
    including 1 and half bath + 1 bowl window and about 10 x 2/8 x5/2windows + front door and back door, can anyone here give me a total cost . Thank you very much .