Anyone here ever heard of OSIRIA Roses?

Discussion in 'Trees, Shrubs and Roses' started by Richie Cooper, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Richie Cooper

Richie Cooper Seedling

Hi,
    Has anyone here ever heard of OSIRIA Roses? I saw one on line that was red/white and would love to buy one for my yard. Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Osiria is a hybrid tea, very fragrant. It is a Kordes rose, and is hardy in zone 7b and warmer. Being a hybrid, it will require a bit more care (spraying, mulching, and fertilizing) than own root roses.

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It is a hybrid Tea rose, created by a botanist in Germany in 1978. From what I have read the blossom is top heavy causing the weak stem to bend and the flower to droop, the color in most photos has been enhanced to make it look a brighter red than it is. It is a very slow grower and the bush stays fairly small. There are warnings to not even think about buying seeds, the rose being a hybrid will produce seeds that are sterile or if they do germinate will not produce the rose you want. And if you order some you might not even get real rose seeds, some people have complained about getting seeds of other flowers and even from tomatoes.

5. Richie Cooper

Richie Cooper Seedling

Thank you both very much. Looks like I will be skipping this idea. I will just stay with my Dahlias. Thanks again and have a great weekend.