Anyone know why Windows Vista does not recognize my photo program disk ?

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by mart, May 17, 2015.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

A while back my hard drive crashed and died. My daughter took my HP notebook to a friend who replaced the hard drive with a used one. Couldn`t complain it was free instead of the $175. Staples wanted just to look at it !! It had Vista on it which I really do not like but that is a different matter,, at least its working. Problem is I can not get it to recognize my arcsoft photoimpressions disk that came with my camera. Does anyone know if there is a time limit on the disk? I loaded it when I first bought the camera on the same computer but not since. Just wondered if the disk had a time limit !! No other reason I know why it will not download. It doesn`t even attempt to load.

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Have you had problems running any other disks Mart? It could be that the new operating system doesn't know how to communicate with your disk drive. This would be a software driver issue and you would need to download and install a driver for your disk drive.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

It recognized my modem disk with no problem. How would I install disk drive software ? I have my pics in the windows program but I hate it. I just want my Photoimpressions back.

5. SusieQ07

SusieQ07 In Flower

Go to the website of your camera to get driver updates etc. use your search engine put in camera and model number.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
  6. kate

kate In Flower