April 2015 Gardening To-Do List

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Frank, Apr 5, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

What is on your April 2015 gardening wish list / to-do list? :stew2:

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

My list for April is looking busy Frank! Pruning and spraying fruit trees, raking, trimming back old and damaged plants, weeding, topdressing, putting out garden ornaments, and preparing the veggie beds. Now it just needs to warm up :)

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I have a tiny front garden so there's not a whole lot on my list. I've already done the mulching and tidying up from winter's ravages, and most of the perennials that I planted last year are coming back strongly. I need to decide on a few more perennials to plant and then go get them and plant them.

There's a shrub that I'm pretty sure is dead...I thought it was dead last year but wanted to wait longer just to be sure. I need to pull it up and replace it with.....? I have no idea, I'll do some research. I'm thinking maybe hydrangea or azalea....something that flowers, because there's too much green and not enough color in the garden currently.

And I also need to plant some annuals for the same reason.

5. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

My April list is planting my gardens. Tomatoes and peppers will go in this week with wall of water around them. Squash, melons, cukes to follow. And what ever else is ready in the gh by the end of the month.

Advertisement
  6. Lils

Lils New Seed

I'll be overseeding the lawn soon and assessing the winter burn damage to my shrubs. I wrapped them in burlap in the fall, but it still looks like I've got burn that's almost as bad as last winter (shakes fist at winter... 'damn you winter!')

7. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

I need to finish cleaning up the dead stuff and start weeding. Yay...

8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Our snow is still with us, but the front yard is now almost bare! I hope to start my gardening season with a simple pick-up-the-dead-branches day this weekend. BTW, we got snow over night. Roads were slick this AM, but it has gone now.

9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Get the Caterpillar garden pots filled and planted. Lay more cardboard and mulch in the back yard. Transplant the Mahonia to a shadier spot. Clean out the glove-fence bed, it's looking really ratty after the mini-Iris and Grape Hyacinths finished blooming. Two years ago I stuck a cutting of the Blaze climbing rose in a pot, just to see if it would root.....now the pot is filled with it and there are buds about to open. Time to find a new home for it.

10. James White

James White New Seed

Pianolady likes this.
  11. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

I need to rake the area that I want to plant seeds in. Then, I need to plant seeds.

12. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

1. Transplant two garden areas to new places. Mainly hostas as soon as they come up enough for me to locate them. Then I'm tilling that area to expand my vegetable garden. The other area I'm putting back to grass and transplanting what I want to keep.
    2. Plant cool weather vegetables.
    3. Dig trees.
    4. Make another hog panel arch for my climbing beans.