Are my eggplants okay?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by askher, Apr 25, 2020.

1. askher

askher New Seed

I just noticed these spots on two of my eggplants. And on another one there are some kind of white dust around the same area as in the pictures instead of what’s happening in the pictures.
    Any ideas whether I should be worried?

Attached Files:

S-H likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Odif

Odif Young Pine

The first picture is slightly out of focus for me. The second seems perfectly normal. Looks like scratched. If it is spongey where the scar tissue is, not good at all. The white dust may be dodgy. I can’t be sure though.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Just watch it but its nothing I would be worried about ! If you think it might be a fungal problem just take a Q-tip and dip in in clorox and dab the spot ! Don`t worry,, it will be gone tomorrow so let it grow and eat it !
    Eggplant Parm sounds great about now ! But vegetables are rarely perfect so don`t sweat the small stuff ! Just cut the peel off before eating !

S-H likes this.
  5. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Plants have their own immune system too. And often it is effective on it's own to fight of an occasional fungus or bug attack.

Trouble with vegetable plants often starts when they are either placed or planted too close together, where the lower half portion of the planet doesn't get too much sunlight. Or are generally in a location where they aren't getting enough light.

That basically lowers their immune system response. Which is how funguses or bugs establish a toehold.

By the way, you might enjoy trying out this recipe. :D

Advertisement
  6. mart

mart Strong Ash

Need the recipe in black and white !

S-H likes this.
  7. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple