Asiatic Lilium care tips

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by looking, May 9, 2005.

1. looking

looking Seedling

Hi all,
    I have just been given an Asiatic lilium. I know they need full sun, but what other care instructions can you all offer :?:

I live in a fairly temperate region. Winters down to 2-3C (minimum) Summers can get to 40C. But usually temp is between 9C & 30C

Many thanks
    Craig :D

PS. I also posted this in Flowering Gardens forum, but there doesn't seem to be much activity there.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. tkhooper
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Tina
      Replies:
      Views:

3. looking

looking Seedling

Lilium care

Soory, topic should have read Lilium care. Keystoke malfunction. It must be the computer! :rolleyes:

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi again looking (why do you have the name 'looking'??)

I did some reading and here is what I found regarding Asiatic Lilium/Lily care:

- It's important to let its foliage die back naturally rather than cutting it back when it has finished blooming. You should do this because it allows the bulb to store energy for the following years blooms.
    - I don't know whether the lily beetle exists in Australia but if it does watch out! It is a quarter inch long orange beetle that will attack the foliage and buds.
    - The Asiatic lilies multiply at a fast pace in good conditions so you will need to divide them ever couple of years. The division should be performed in the Autumn season.

I will try to find more info but that's all I have for now.

By the way don't worry about placing topics into the wrong forum. I can move the topics easily if this happens :)

Maybe someone else has experience with the Asiatic Lilium?