Austin-the-cat's hard life.

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by daisybeans, Mar 20, 2011.

1. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Austin leads a very hard life. He has to put up with me taking photos of him all the time. He especially hates it when I wake him up with the flash... Poor Austin!

[​IMG]
    "Seriously, you woke me for THAT?" ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Austin's hard afternoon.... ( photo / image / picture from daisybeans's Garden )

Frank and stratsmom like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

A typical feline response to a human activity. Nocturnal prowlers as they are, disturbing their daytime nap, is usually met with indifference and a return to cat dreaming. I once had a cat that after returning to its sleeping position would periodically open one eye as if to say, "You still there?" until I went away.

Austin would appear to agree with my cats assessment.

Jerry

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Heartbreaking, absolutely heartbreaking what that poor cat has to put up with. How can you do that to Austin?
    After working in the garden, cleaning house and doing other chores, isn't it nice to see that Austin hasn't been disturbed by all your human activity?
    Austin is one pretty cat! Who says you can't get by on looks alone?

5. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

That's it! :-D I'm turning you in for animal cruelty! ;) He is so dang cute MaryAnn!!
    Titty (aka StratCat) is sleeping in our kingsize bed right now :rolleyes: Oh what a life :p

Advertisement
  6. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

No doubt Austin will appreciate the compliments and support from all of you!

7. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

He's a very handsome chap. Our two cats are in complete agreement with Austin. Poor things. Our little lady gets very insulted if we are noisy and wake her up. The same little lady will often wake us up with very loud miaowing in the middle of the night, but no matter how insulted we are she feels she's got the right. Gotta love them, though, no matter what.

8. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Great shots of Austin - he still looks so handsome even when he's been disturbed.
    :-D However, I really never thought of you as such a cruel person Daisy!! :rolleyes: Imagine having the temerity to wake him just to take his
    photograph. :smt075 Neither wonder he wasn't at all happy. After all it's such a arduous life being a cat who lives with humans who won't let you sleep the day away in peace. ;)

9. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Austin definitely knows who's king of the household :D What a guy! ;)

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That Austin is a rogue! What an expression he has. He sort of looks like he thinks something is missing. Ho ho ho. I guess being flashed-awake sort of caught him off guard.
    He sure looks pretty comfy there on the pillows, though...