away for a couple of days

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by EJ, Feb 1, 2018.

1. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

image.jpeg

Friends, I will be absent now for a few days. As a family we are heading down to Devon to say goodbye to my 93 year old grandad who died last month. My nan died back in November so in a matter of months, I have lost both. Nan was unexpected, she had a heart attack in her sleep, grandad had been frail for quite sometime. He is a legend having flown tempests and spitfires back in his RAF days and it is him I have to thank for my love of gardening. I lost my dad in 2000 and that was the worst day of my life, tomorrow will be the second as grandad was up there on the same pedestal as I had my dad on and I am bereft to have now lost them both. I know at 47 years old I have been blessed to still have had my grandparents, but tomorrow I'm afraid I will be a little girl again and I will feel very sorry for myself and will be jolly cross at him for leaving us. I'll see you on the other side. Xx

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Feel what you feel and don't let anyone tell you it is wrong. Everyone grieves in their own way!!!!
    Take care and we will see you later.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Let those tears run EJ. As Toni says we all grieve differently and no-one can tell you how to express your feelings. We'll be thinking of you.

5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

EJ, you are so fortunate to have had such wonderful grandparents, and a wonderful father. In time the pain of loss will subside, and you'll be able to think of all the good things you shared with them.
    My sincere condolences to you. Looking forward to your return to the forum when you are ready.

Advertisement
  6. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

It's hard to lose family members at any age but when they are the older generation that you have looked up to and tried to model it is very difficult. I am 77 now so my parents have been gone for awhile. It's brothers and sisters that are in that generation now. You will not forget them and you will remember the good times with your children. dooley

Last edited: Feb 2, 2018
  7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I am sorry for your loss. You are stronger than you think...most of us that are older know what you are going through because we have lost our loved ones and even some of the younger people. You will miss them but try to think of the good times and not spend too much time on the rest.

8. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Aww, EJ. I am so very sad for you. I lost my grams 12 years ago and I still miss her. Even my kids miss her. My sincere sympathy to you on your loss. Safe travels, too.

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

So sorry for your loss EJ ((((hugs))))

10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am deeply sorry for the great loss of your dear grandfather, EJ.
    When you get back up home we will all here be waiting for you with open arms and a lil cuddle.
    Strength to you.