back from our camping trip

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by 2ofus, Jun 26, 2015.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

and, boy, are we tired! We went to Palisades reservoir, which is huge this time of year. Ourdaughter. significant other, and Grnad-daughter went with us. For the first time ever, I pulled our RV with the truck (Yes, I was major nervous but soon relaxed.), Mike pulled the pontoon boat with Daughters SUV and her family pulled their RV up with their truck. Quite a caravan! We had great camp spots next to each other. We spent both days out on the lake fishing and playing. We did take a couple hours to visit one 'jungue' store. I found two sets of old fashioned Christmas lights on the nice cord winders and an old fashioned clothes pin bag that was full of wooden clothespins like my grandmother used to have. We cooked all the meals in dutch ovens or cast iron griddles over the camp fire. Steak, corn cooked in their husk and potatoes in foil in the coals My 14 year old DGD cooked her first dutch oven cake, Chocolate with cherry pie filing. YUMMY! Now I'm just hoping all the walking and work help keep some of what I ate off my waist line!

2. Loading...

3. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

2ofus-sounds like a super fun time. Yes, I would probably be tired after that also. But what memories you all have to share.

4. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

I am happy to hear 2ofus that mother nature minded her manners. For how long were you camping this trip?

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh I remember camping trips like that!! I'm so glad you had a wonderful, relaxing time together with your family. Now you'll need about a week to recover from your break. ;)

Advertisement
  6. cajuncappy

cajuncappy In Flower

We love camping/fishing trips. Glad ya had a great time and sure would like to see some pictures of ya trip.:):fingerscrossed:

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We did have a great time and I am sorry to say we forgot our camera at home! :frustrated: We were gone 4 days and I already want to go back. Only one fish was caught and that was Mike, a 15 inch german brown. DGD and I hooked one each but lost it. It was so pretty I want to go back soon. If we do I'll be sure and remember the camera!