Banksy Ross

Discussion in 'Jokes and Games' started by Sjoerd, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I know that you guys in the states know who Bob Ross was. I do not know if you know who Banksy is. He is a street artist who is elusive about his identity. This little vid was combining the two artists— Banksy painting and Bob narrating.
    It is on the wall of a now closed prison. It was done late at night where Oscar Wilde was once interred. The typewriter on the bottom of the escape “rope”seems to refer to this.

Jewell likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sadly I'm getting a message that says the video is unavailable. :(

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh Eileen...I see now. You have to klik on the words, “Bekijk deze video op YouTube”.
    Those dutch words mean, “ Watch this video on YouTube”. So, just klik on those words and the video will begin playing.

5. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Banksy came to New York and made one art piece per day for a month. Some were killer, some were filler, and it's all on a documentary from 2014 called Banksy Does New York.

Sjoerd likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Sounds interesting, Dirt. While I like older art, some modern forms are fun to see and brilliant in their own right.

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  7. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I like the Banksy clarity of expression. My wife is sure he is just a vandal. But hey, she graduated Magna in fine art and I am of the redneck clan so what do I know about it

Sjoerd likes this.
  8. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Those are a few interesting sentences there, Dirt. Insightful.
    You two sound like a healthy and balanced couple. The perception of clarity is very individual, isn't it. I recall at uni the instructors were telling us students that art and what an artist was trying to convey had no one answer, rather multiple possibilities for meaning and/or purpose. The teachers actually encouraged us to think of possibilities other than what seemed obvious. I ave to say, it all seemed a bit flaky to me at the time, but I let myself go with the flow in the trust that I would learn something. At this date, I can see that the goals of the literary and art appreciation teachers was to teach us to think. I have been grateful for that ever since.

I am waffling on now mate, so I had better give it a rest. Where did this outburst come from? It must be due to the fact that I have gotten up this morning and have not yet had my breakfast. The rambling is no doubt a result of the “fasting”.

Cayuga Morning and Dirtmechanic like this.
  9. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

Haha put some cocoa in your coffee and make it extra sweet! That will rev you up for what looks to be a beauty day in the garden! I am up now at 3am because we have a lot of flying squirrels and cats that see well at night. Yesterday, a pine siskin landed on my head whilst I was watching tv. I have heard they are dumb birds but then I am the one that never seem to notice them in the room with me. I have learned to watch the cats, or my wife, for odd behavior and clues about small guests. I am a fully experienced caretaker at this point but prefer rescue work.

Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Are you guys animal rescue centre operators? Birds in the room ! That can be interesting I should imagine.

Dirtmechanic likes this.
  11. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

No. We just live out far enough that our animals can roam and the cats bring their catch back to the den, so to speak.

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

That was a great video Sj!

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Glad you liked that one, Cayu.