barrel fountain problems

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by beslanovits, Jul 8, 2006.

1. beslanovits

beslanovits New Seed

Any troubleshootin suggestions?

I recently bought a simple barrel fountain with a Pondmaster 140gph pump. It was working fine for about a week. Now on 3 separate occassions I find the barrel with only about 2 inches of water left at the bottom. I checked the barrel liner for a leak - none. I'm baffeled what's causing the water to disappear so fast. I thought maybe it was an animal, but this evening it happened in only a few hours from when I was last on my patio where it was fine.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. brombear
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. EJ
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi beslanovits and welcome to our friendly little community. I hope we can help you. Your situation sounds quite strange. How did you check whether there was a leak? Did you check the bottom of the barrel as well? How deep is the barrel (might help us figure out if it was an animal)?

I hope you can provide us with more details and we would love to help you :smt023

4. beslanovits

beslanovits New Seed

well I filled it back up this morning and it's been running ever since w/no lessening of the water level...I'm thinking it's some kind of animal. I was convinced it was a squirrel who might be using it to jump to a nearby bird feeder, but when it emptied late last night I'm baffled. I didn't think a squirrel would come around at night....I may have to install a video camera....I'm determined to figure this out. Will keep you posted.

5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

My neighbor's barrel fountain did this, and their big dog was drinking out of it. Only other possibility I can think of would be wind or some other type of obstruction rerouting the water out the sides.