Bermuda Concerns

Discussion in 'Lawn Care' started by ValerieWray, Apr 23, 2009.

1. ValerieWray

ValerieWray New Seed

We had new sod laid in August of 2008 at our new house. It remained green and did well until the first frost ( I know that is normal). But now it looks horrible. It is only green around the driveway and curb. All the other bermuda lawns in our neighborhood look great. We had the lawn maintenance company put fertilizer on it in March, however it rained and snowed right after :(Very unusual in South Carolina) The lawn company came out and said it hasn't been warm enough yet, but I don't feel comfortable with that answer.

Is my lawn dead? Also, I do want to mention we have removed the dead grass with our lawn mower (bagged it) 2 times. This lawn cost us a fortune. What can I do to save it or does it need saved?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Eric Dyer
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. errodr
      Replies:
      Views:

3. MDavidson

MDavidson New Seed

Bermuda grass grows well in full sunlight. Is your yard shady? If not, you might not be watering it enough.

I recently planted Bermuda grass and it is doing great. It is in full sunlight and I water it for about 30 minutes (sometimes longer after hot days) every evening.

If all else fails, reseed it. Buying sod is expensive, but I was able to plant almost 7,000 square feet for $56 using seed. If it looks dead, you might consider a controlled burn. Burned grass grows back green. If you choose to do that, be sure to call the fire department first.

4. ValerieWray

ValerieWray New Seed

Thank you very much for the advice. I will try that.

Valerie