Bip's Christmas :D

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by TheBip, Dec 26, 2014.

1. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Hi all! Its been a long time since I last posted. Ive been pretty busy with work and such, hardly any time to myself :O But I figured Id share my holiday with you guys :) Its been a different year. Bob and I broke up, mom moved to North Carolina and my younger sisters have moved back home, so its just us 3 girls and Samantha's bf (to keep us in line...LOL).

On the 13th, I went to a company Christmas party with my friend Karl. He and I like each other very much, but Im just not ready to jump back into a relationship, which he's ok with.

There was a professional photographer at the party. Karl kind of got dragged into getting a photo. I was a bit hesitant also, but one of his coworkers kept pushing him to get one lol Karl talked me into buying this dress, even though Im not usually a dress girl, I prefer skirts because normally I dont look that good in dresses...guess it depends on the style!
    I picked out Karl's shirt, I think its a beautiful color, and looked really good on him :)
    He said that a lot of his coworkers were eyeing me and complimented him on having such a good looking date :D
    [​IMG]
    Karl and me ( photo / image / picture from TheBip's Garden )

The party was at the Hilton downtown Indy, just a block away from "The Circle" as we Hoosiers call it :) Its the very center of the city, and the road goes in a circle around the monument.
    [​IMG]
    Soldiers and Sailors Monument ( photo / image / picture from TheBip's Garden )

Every December, Christmas lights are strung on the monument, turning it into a giant tree. Its beautiful at night, I wish I had taken a pic then.
    [​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from TheBip's Garden )

People can actually go inside the monument and climb up (or take the elevator...we climbed!) the 330 steps- 32 flights!- to an enclosed viewing area and look out over the city in all 4 directions. This view looks over the Capitol building.
    [​IMG]
    Indianapolis ( photo / image / picture from TheBip's Garden )

Heres our Christmas tree. I assembled the tree, but because of my crazy work schedule, and spending most of my free time with Karl, Sam did the decorating.
    [​IMG]

I did the table! :D
    [​IMG]

My 2 uncles Dave (left) and John (right) and aunt Cathy
    [​IMG]

We had Christmas dinner last night, but I dont think any of us took pics of the food lol I made cranberry sauce, stuffing, 2 apple pies and a pumpkin pie, all from scratch! Well, the pie crusts were store bought...but everything else was from scratch :p Sam and Fred provided chicken, bread cornbread and cookies. John brought cornbread and deviled eggs and Cathy brought wine.

Frank, stratsmom, Jewell and 6 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

This is such a nice posting from you, Bip. It is easy to see that you had a great christmas. I didn't realize that you were such a good cook. Well done, meid.

4. Donna S

Donna S Hardy Maple

Good to have you back Bip. Sounds like a good Christmas for you.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Jen it's so good to see you here with us again. I've missed seeing your posts.
    The dress your wearing is lovely and compliments Karl's shirt too. The pair of you look so good together.
    Many thanks for all the photographs. You laid out the table beautifully - just perfect for Christmas. :-D

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

The co-workers were correct, Karl did have a good looking date. That dress, both the color and style, looks very good on you.

The table decorations look very good, I used to have chairs just like those!!

7. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Merry Christmas to you Jen! Looks like you had a wonderful time. The picture is so nice of you and your good friend Karl.
    All the best to you in 2015. Interesting to see where life leads us.

8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

A very Merry Christmas to you Bip, you look real pretty and Karl is really lucky. Nice to know you had a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you more often. :)

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Good to see you again Jen! That is a great photo!! :-D

10. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Thanks everyone! Im at work so cant properly reply, but I will later :)

11. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

That's a great photo and it's great you had such a good time.