Blog or Members Gallery?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Karrma, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Karrma

Karrma In Flower

I was not sure where to put the pictures from this past summers trips, so put the first set in my blog (visited 54 times in a month) and the second set in Members Gallery, (viewed 98 times in several weeks). So it looks like the Members Gallery is used by more stewbies.
    But now, the blog is still right at hand, but the members gallery will be getting older and older, farther down the list, and not sure if I would be able to find it easily in another year.

How do each member decide where to put their pictures? Which do you prefer?

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

For me there is no hard and fast rule about which entry goes where. But normally I use the blog for just talking about things, garden plans and for vacation or garden photos I want to be able to find later, like you said the ones posted on the forum are sometimes difficult to find after a few days or weeks.

Maybe you could also start a GardenStew folder in your bookmarks and use it to keep links to the photos you have posted in the forums. I haven't done it but it sounds like it would be helpful.

Also, to get more views of your posts in the forums or blog entries be sure to use a subject line that will catch viewers attention make them curious enough to look at it.