Blooms! Finally

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Droopy, Jun 11, 2010.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Yay! Got blooms, and quite a few too. Some are bloomed out now since I'm so slow with posting, and some are still going strong. Here are a few:

[​IMG]
    Anemone nemorosa bracteata ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Primula, double ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Primula, double ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Gold-edged primula ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Dicentra formosa "Langtrees" ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Primula auricula ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Oxalis adenophylla 'Minima' ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Meconopsis quintuplinervia - Harebell poppy ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Gentiana acaulis ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Glaucidium palmatum ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Ranunculus constantinopolitanus or somethingorother ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Polygala chamaebuxus 'Grandiflora' ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Hosta "Empress Wu" - still a baby ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Spirea hedge is lovely this year. ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Magnolia "Susan" ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Lewisia and variegated Phlox ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Primula sieboldii ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Cypripedium parviflorum ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Apple blossoms ( photo / image / picture from Droopy's Garden )

There are plenty more in the "My Garden" album if anybody's interested. We're off shortly, to celebrate a 50th birthday. Have fun, enjoy yourselves!

2. Loading...

3. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Hi Droopy...looks like it was worth the wait. Nice assortment of photos I love the double primula, especially the first photo, I have never seen double primula. That is just one of the things I like about the stew...seeing new plants. Hope you are enjoying your gardens. :stew2:

4. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Aww! Just lovely Droopy! I'm off to check out your garden now! I'd love to see how you have your beds arranged -- there is a little glimpse visible behind the apple blossoms!

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Nice posting, Droopy. Very nice indeed. Things are so busy here that I sometimes have to save up some flower fotos to post later on when I get some extra time.

I especially liked that yellow Primula with the golden edges to the flower petals.
    ...annnnnnd what is that in front of the Dicentra formosa? Is it an Arum, Hosta or Arisaema?...something like that?
    The Primula auricula have such a lovely tint of blue to their petals.
    The yellow Ranuncles made a good show this season.
    Your 'Wu' is coming along well, isn't it. It is going to get quite a bit larger this year, I imagine.
    The Sipripedium looks like what we call the pantoffelplant here. (pantoffel being "houseshoe)....but the Latin name are different, so I guess it isn't.
    That corner of your yard with the apple tree looks so welcoming. I mean, it looks like the kind of place that I'd like to sit and have tea in.

Thanks for taking the time to post these lovely blooms. I hope that there will be more to see as the summer rolls on.
    Have a good celebration.

That stand of Meconopsis looks very nice. I'm a tad jelous. :D I have a stand of ONE...and it has not yet produced a flower stem.

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Well worth waiting for, wasn't it? All are lovely. I especially liked the Golden-Edge Primula. Have a great celebration. I, too, will be checking out the rest of your garden!

7. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Those Primroses are really pretty! And I love the Gentiana...and the others are lovely too, of course :D

8. FlowerFreak22

FlowerFreak22 In Flower Plants Contributor

Oh Droopy, these are amazing! Where to start...OK. Your Primulas are amazing especially the Gold-edged Primula which I almost bought this year and seeing how beautiful yours are, will now probably get at some point. :p Your Gentiana acaulis is an amazing blue with such a cool looking flower. The Polygala chamaebuxus 'Grandiflora' are crazy beautiful. The picture with the Lewisia and the Phlox is great how you set it up. What is that to the left of the Phlox, and are those Hens & Chicks to the right? I'm in love with your Yellow Lady Slippers, and are probably one of my favorite orchids. They grow native here, but I have never been able to find one. All in all, amazing garden! :D

9. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh yes...well worth the wait I will agree!! Wonderful blooms Droopy! I'm really liking the first double Primula ~the pink one~ what a beauty! I hope to get my Empress Wu planted up now that my back is feeling better and will allow me to dig a little.

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

WOW your garden has certainly sprung to life in a big way Droopy. Isn't it good to see so much colour after the hard winter we had? Love all your primulas as they're one of my favourite flowers. :-D

11. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Gosh Droopy! I was just looking at your pics posted in your garden -- it's like a visit to a garden center! You have so many different beautiful things growing! Wouldn't I just love to see it all in person... and you could tell me all about each thing. Well, that would take days, but you know what I'm saying!

12. Droopy

Thank you all for liking our blooms. :D

Sjoerd, it's a hosta. We like hostas, and they've nearly fully unfurled now.

FlowerFreak, to the left of the phlox is Primula auricula "Sword". I've got a nice photo of it in the Plants-section I think. It did well last year, but not so good this year. And those are hens'n'chicks. I just put them there for the time being. :D Two-three years ago.

Daisybeands, we wouldn't use days sinc our garden's a small one and not everything blooms at once. :D Let me know when you'll drop in. Wish you would. :D

13. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Absolutely stunning

Well worth the wait.

I am totally agog at the Cypripedium - love those flowers. ANd the Ranunculi, and the Polygala and Primulas... - beautiful.
    Thanks for posting them - you made my day.

14. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

All very beautiful! So much color. And Freyja flowers, primula's are a nice way to keep to tradition in our country and give her a little honor.

15. Droopy

Thanks both. :) I'm very pleased today since the Rheum alexandrae is beginning to bloom. I'm not expecting anything spectacular this year, but maybe in another couple of years' time?

16. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oh Droopy what beauties you have.