Boston Flower Show in living color

Discussion in 'Garden Visits and Flower Shows' started by Jerry Sullivan, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Over last weekend several of us attended, along with a few thousand others, the Boston flower show. While smaller than past years it still whisked us into spring with a collage of color and made us forget that winter had long outlived its welcome. Enjoy.

Jerry

http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/alb ... r_id=10953

2. Loading...

3. gfreiherr

gfreiherr Young Pine

Enjoyed your photos from the Boston Flower Show, quite a nice variety of flowers and plants. Now that Spring is here I am anxious to start planting but lots of prep work to do first. Thanks for sharing.

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Thanks for taking the time to post them Jerry. I browsed through and imagined I attended the show myself.

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Oh, yes! I could have moved in... Do they allow campers there? :D

Advertisement
  6. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Thank Jerry... that was a treat. Some nice ideas for plant combos.... I like the stonework ideas too, the path down my yard and little patio need some attention this year.

7. Jerry Sullivan

Glad everyone is enjoying the show, it was wall to wall people. Using the program map I said where and my wife navigated through the crowd with our friend Helen close in tow. We also attended a seminar by Kerry Ann Mendez on garden design. I bought her book "Top Ten Lists for Beautiful Shade Gardens." I asked about plants for a bog since I am converting a portion of my pond to a bog. She made several recommendations for my shade bog. The Birds of Prey exhibit (Peregrine Falcon and the Barred Owl) was a magnet for people at the far end of the show, other birds were a Turkey Vulture and a Great Horned Owl. It was a long day and at the end we were all pooped puppies glad to get home.

Thank you,
    Jerry

8. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks for sharing those photos, lots of gorgeous flowers and settings.
    I like those bamboo divider/screen things in the last few photos. Useless as trellis but great as garden decor.

9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Thank you for the tour! You must have been exhausted after seeing that show. Such creativity, such beauty, so much green!
    Please keep us posted on your bog garden.

10. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

My favourites are the photographs of the bonsai. I'm always intrigued by the way people shape their trees and what containers they use to plant them in. I found myself enlarging every photograph so that I could drool all over my keyboard as I drank in the sheer beauty of all those delightful flowers and plants. You did well to get so many good, clear pictures Jerry as I know how hard it can be to take shots when you're getting jostled by a crowd. Many thanks.

11. Jerry Sullivan

12. chocolate

chocolate In Flower

Hi,
    thankyou for those photos, I really like coloured foliage so I was impressed with most of the photo show, somepeople are so clever with mixing and matching plants arent they?
    They certainly go to a lot of effort to produce a natural environment at some garden shows,...thankyou.

13. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Going to a Flower Show (be it anywhere in the world), is always a delight! And the pictures are amazing indeed! :)

I wish I had the time to compose my video of the Flower Show which I visited. But I've been so busy recently - Plus I've also got another video to make, of the sailing regatta we had here early this month.