Buddy and Nyla saying Hi

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Kiasmum, Sep 26, 2012.

1. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

These are our 2 current Sams: Buddy at the back is 11 years old and Nyla in front will be 2 in October. Sadly we had to say good-bye to their older 'sister',Kia,who was 14 back in May.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Kiasmum's Garden )

Nyla likes to 'help' in the garden!!! and has done so from a very early age(just like 2 of her litter-mates)She did a fine job of cutting back the crocosmia for me last year-it was just a pity that some of them hadn't actually made it into flower.Ho hum.

Kia.

[​IMG]
    ( photo / image / picture from Kiasmum's Garden )

Of all the things I miss,her sitting in the garden just taking in the sun hits me the most...

Frank, Donna S, donm and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Kiasmum
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Kiasmum
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

What breed are they Kiasmum? They are very cute and huggable :stew2:

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

What pretty dogs.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Samoyeds are such beautiful dogs and so photogenic. I'm sorry for your loss of Kia but glad you still have Buddy and Nyla to keep you company.

Advertisement
  6. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I just wanna give them hugs. :-D

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Someone :-D is taking very good care of their dogs! White, fluffy, and grinning--what more could you want?
    You will continue to miss Kia, but you gave her such a wonderful life, as you are doing now for Nyla and Buddy. If there is reincarnation, I think I'd like to come back as one of your Sams, or as my Calico cat!

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Your dogs are beautiful.Wonderful photos.

9. Theodoros

Theodoros In Flower

very very beautiful dogs :-D

10. Kiasmum

Kiasmum In Flower

Thank you all very much for your comments and kind words.

Samoyeds are a wonderful breed.They are very human-focused and really don't like being far away from us.They are renowned as being very good with children and can be as equally as stubborn.They are an intelligent breed and just because they can do a task it doesn't mean they will if they don't want to.Which can be funny or annoying in equal measure...

Buddy has been my constant(canine) companion through years of back problems and surgery,just lying with me but close enough to touch at all times.There have been times when he stayed with me from the time my husband went out to work until he came home again.

Kia liked to be in the same room but not necessarily so close.She came to us aged 4 and was more used to her own company,only occasionally coming for fuss.As she got older she had a number of medical problems and when I stopped work we got closer than we ever had done.This is probably part of the reason losing her hurt as much as it did/does.Also she was the first Sam we have lost

Nyla arrived just before Christmas 2010,aged 9 weeks.Boy,did we have a surprise :eek: what a difference to having adults :D
    Although Nyla loves us both I think she is more of a Daddy's girl.She goes totally bonkers when he comes home from work or even if he's just popped out for a few minutes.She is completely food-motivated and queues optimistically for her morning pieces of fruit,banana being her particular favourite.

The coat,apart from needing as much brushing as I can manage,which isn't much because they aren't keen,is actually easy to keep looking good as and dirt literally dries and drops off so a good vacuum cleaner is a must.They do,however,shed A LOT of the fine undercoat hair once or twice a year.The first time it happened with Buddy I had no idea it would be so bad.Clumps and clouds of it everywhere and brushes full with one pass.Nowadays it isn't such a surprise.

Cheryl,I can pass on the hugs if you want-they take all they can get :D

Frank likes this.