bullterrier and puppies

Discussion in 'Pets' started by aloes, Sep 8, 2007.

1. aloes

aloes New Seed

I went to "dog-sit" my daughter's bull terrier who was due to have her puppies while the family was on holiday. We breed cats and years ago we had a litter or two of bull terriers, but cats and dogs go about raising children differently. A mom cat will jump immediately if she steps on a kitten, the bull terrier does not seem to notice or know. To make a long story short. The family returned when the puppies(7) were 3 days old and as it happens that night the bull terrier smothered a puppy. The human kids were in tears. Grown-ups very nearly too. Any-body with experience and tips. My daughter already decided that she will take to dog breeding, shows etc. when on pension, but any help for now please.

2. Loading...

3. coolalaskan

coolalaskan New Seed

Hi aloes,
    Sorry, I don't know anything about breeding or showing dogs. I'm just a plain ole' dog lover. :) However I Googled "South African Kennel Club"and got this search. You might get some information about whichever breed you want to raise. Looks like the main organization is The Kennel Union of Southern Africa (formerly The Kennel Union of South Africa) Hope this helps...

http://www.google.com/search?q=south+af ... =firefox-a

PS. I just realized you and I are at opposite ends of the Earth!! That's something I like most about this site - the opportunity to meet plant people from all over the world!