Busy first half of the year for me!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

2017 was a particularly busy year for me, and so one of my wishes for this year was for things to slow down. Riiiiiiiight. So much for 2018 being less busy! o_O:eek:

In late March I'm heading to Florida with Ron for a week, to visit with his oldest daughter and family who live in North Port. He also wants to tour the Florida Keys while we're down that way. So we'll tow the bike, and as part of that trip, we'll bike around the Keys for 2 or 3 days. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree apparently, because his daughter and her husband also have bikes, and when they heard about our desire to visit the Keys while we're there, they were excited to join us on that part of our trip too. Fun!

Paige and William have booked another DisneyWorld trip! Once again I have been invited to participate! Last week of April, before the Spring/Summer break crowds and the hot weather.

We just celebrated Valentines day and Paige's Birthday, and between now and mid year there's also my birthday, Cameron's girlfriend Sarah's birthday, Easter, Grayson's birthday, Mother's Day, Cameron's birthday, Father's Day...all events that we as a family celebrate together!

Good thing I'm a planner and can multitask..going to need All The Skilz to pull it all off!

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Phew Ronni I'm exhausted just reading everything you're going to do. You and your family are going to have such a wonderful, if busy, year ahead!!

4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Sounds like your going to have a fun time! I know I wouldn't be able to keep up with you so post lots of pictures for us.

5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Countdown to our North Port/Key West vacation! Two weeks from now we'll be in Key West soaking up the rays, parasailing (maybe) jet skiing, (definitely!) hiking and walking and biking and touring the 170 miles of the sights of the Keys.

We'll stay here: https://hyattwindwardpointe.hyatt.com/en/hotel/social-gallery.html

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We'll be spending a lot of time touring the Keys, so I don't know how much we'll be lounging poolside. The temps are very balmy in the evening though, so I'm thinking that when we get to the hotel after a day biking around sightseeing, we'll be ready to relax by the pool.

Because we'll be riding the bike from North Port where his daughter and family lives to Key West/our hotel, it's quite a challenge for me to figure out the packing. We'll drive his F150 down to North Port and tow the bike, so there's lots of room in it to pack whatever I want. But then we'll be riding the bike from North Port to Key West (5 -6 hour trip) so packing is confined to the two onboard saddle bags, plus the a larger and a smaller tour pack that we'll strap on the back behind the sissy bar. Not a lot of room for two people's belongings for 4 days! I keep joking that my hair products alone will take up one whole saddle bag and my shoes the other, and my clothes and jewelry will fit in the other two, where's he going to pack his stuff?! :p

JK...I know how to pack light. And the dress code for the Keys is very casual, so even the couple of very upscale restaurants we have dinner reservations at won't require us to be in evening wear. Here's one: http://www.reachresort.com/gallery_211-en.html

The month after this getaway is the our DisneyWorld adventure!! Gonna be a fun filled couple months!

Sjoerd and eileen like this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

OK, so the busy year got even busier. :p We have the Florida Keys vacation, Valentines day, Paige's Birthday, Easter, and Grayson's birthday in the books! Still to come: DisneyWorld, My birthday, (we'll celebrate that while at Disney) Cameron's girlfriend Sarah's birthday, Mother's Day, Cameron's birthday, Father's Day...all events that we as a family celebrate together!

And then....I've added three more things to the first half on the year itinerary! We're going white water kayaking the week after I get back from Disney World. I have friends in Atlanta, Jess and Nathan, and we'll stay with them, meet up with a couple more people also traveling in for the fun, kayak the Broad River, and then party at Jess' house afterwards!

Mid may we're doing one of the fun 5K marathons that I love to participate in...this one is called The Bubble Run! Yeah, lotta running through massive and major bubbles! Gonna be a blast. Doing that with Ron and half a dozen other friends!

And then at the very end of May, we're joining one of Ron's kids and family for the last two days of their camping adventure about three hours outside of Nashville, a gorgeous camping and lake area called Kodak. We'll be doing a whole bunch of water playing...folks are towing in various Sea Doos and Waverunners.

I hesitated to accept this particular camping invitation at first, not because of the water stuff, I LOVE wave running !! But I am NOT a camper type..I like my creature comforts too much. ;) So Ron and I struck a compromise. I will camp for one of those nights, in a tent, sleeping bag, cook over a fire, use the communal shower, the whole experience, IF he will then take me to a nice hotel to stay for the next night! He was happy to strike that deal, so we're ready to roll!

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Plowing on through my busy year!

Leaving in a bit to head to Ron's house and we'll finish loading and head to Athens (outside of Atlanta Georgie) for our Kayaking/white water adventure!

First leg of the trip will take 3 hrs 50 minutes according to Maps. But a time change 3/4 of the way there will put us an hour later, so we have to compensate by starting out way early.

We'll drop by my niece Lauren's house and visit for an hour or so, then back on the road to Athens which again, according to maps, will be another couple. We'll be driving against traffic which is a good thing as we're gonna be heading that way right around rush hour. My friend Jess who we're staying with has graciously invited everyone to her house for dinner so at least I won't be stressing that everyone's waiting for us at some busy restaurant, if we're running late, particularly so since Athens is a college town and this is GRADUATION WEEKEND!!! So things are gonna be hoppin'!! We may not even GET into a restaurant, so dinner at Jess and Nate's is a much better choice. Our other friends, Ann and Bob, will drive in from the other side of Athens to Jess and Nate's place to meet us there for dinner.

Jess is making various sorts of pizzas (gluten/tomato free included because Jess has issues with gluten and Ron has issues with both, so that worked out well) Ann is bringing dessert, and we're bringing wine...lots and lots of vino! [​IMG]

Our reservation on the Broad River is for 10 tomorrow so we should be on the water by 11. Nice day...a bit cloudy, warm but not too warm. Perfect kayaking weather!