Busy morning, flowers planted!

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by dooley, Apr 3, 2011.

1. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

I had to get up early this morning so I got a good start on planting the flowers before it began to get hot. It is cloudy so it didn't get as hot as yesterday but I was glad to quit for lunch.
    I moved the circular flower bed and dug it in where I wanted it. Had to dig out roots and cut what I couldn't dig. We filled it with garden soil and manure. I planted impatients and petunias in it.
    Then, the neighbor gave me 8 petunias in single pots. I planted them around the tree they planted the other day.
    The little boys from next door (grandchildren) were watching me and a few minutes later they came with 8 more petunias. I planted them in a smaller circular bed. I sure do hope grandma said they could give them to me. She was planting flowers yesterday.
    I sort of have one end of the yard looking not great, but better. I still have the other end to tackle and logs and branches to move from outside the fence to the scrap pile. I took some pictures so maybe this afternoon I will go back to the instruction book and see if I can load something that's more than 1 x 2 inches.
    dooley

Droopy and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Coppice

Coppice In Flower

I kicked my only sugar maple out of its bed. The buds are swelling, so its time for it to get up and back into its bonsai pot.

Likewise with two root over rock spruces. All the spruce were re-potted too late last year, so my fingers are crossed.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Dooley, it seems ALL your mornings are busy! I do hope you can post some photos--I'm getting a headache trying to imagine all the planting, cleaning out and tidying up you are doing!
    I planted winter savory and a Mexican oregano in the herb bed this morning. I keep saying the herb beds are full, but there's always room for one more thing . . . .

5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, you got off to a good start this morning, didn't you Dooley. It must have still been quite warm for you in spite of the cloudiness. That work was very tough.

What a nice idea to place those petunias around that newly planted tree.

The new circular plot sounded like alot of work, but the ground will be healthy. Putting impatients and petunias there will make a cherry sight.

Good luck with that 'wild' end of your yard. I don't have to tell you to take it easy, do I? ;)

I will be looking foreword to your pics.

Advertisement
  6. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Springtime always has a lot of work. Those petunias sound great, what color are they? I'm looking forward to pictures, eventually you will have an eureka moment and the pictures will turn out great.

Jerry

7. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

The ones the neighbor gave me are purple and white. She kept all the red and pink ones. They had them left where she works and they gave them to her.
    I planted a few red ones that I bought. There is still a lot of things to get done. I was going to wait to plant grass seed but I may plant it in the half of the yard and then if I get the other half cleared off I can plant some there, too.
    dooley

8. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Gosh Dooley, the pace you're keeping! :D Great going! I hope you'll get that photo upload sorted, because I really want to see your yard.