Can't wait for my new iris

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by stratsmom, Jun 10, 2012.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Despite the funky weather we've had recently my bearded iris have done pretty well. I just wish they lasted longer! :-? I've been keeping an eye on 3 different ones on ebay. I just won "Raspberry Fudge" and am still watching "Cat's Hat" and "Clown Around". I really like the iris and day lilies because they are low maintenance and spread so easily~makes them easy to share!! I've been hinting, ok~ outright asking Bret for a new iris bed for my birthday!!! :D

2. Loading...

3. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

I absolutely love bearded iris, one of my favourites. Unfortunately I only have one variety, the common blue flag bearded iris. Well done on winning Raspberry Fudge, sounds lovely. Don't forget to post a photo of it. Good luck with the other bids, hope you win.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have a few bearded iris and would love to have more. I hope you win the Cat's Hat and Clown Around. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. :-D

5. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I always run around and check the Iris greenery long before the stalk appears, to feel if a flower stalk is growing. Sort of counting your flowers before they bloom. I hope you get your wish, they are beauties when they open up.

Jerry

stratsmom likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I didn't realize e-bay has flowers...great that you won ....I like easy gardening too...daylilys are a favorite of mine.

7. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

I love the names of those irises... makes them sound so full of personality! Can't wait to see them... and good luck on the iris bed.

8. thepondlady

thepondlady In Flower

LOL!!!!! you sound like you might become an Iris Junkie like Me.
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/irislover/
    Hope this link works!! I cant stop when it comes to Iris. I am planning a new Display Garden Out near the Iris patch I have now.

Droopy likes this.
  9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Oh my gosh PondLady!!!! Are all of those yours??? :eek: That is AWESOME!! The Burst of Joy and Exclusivity are delicious!!! I think I might have gotten Sugar Blues from you. Is it REALLY tall?? It is one of my Favorites. I'm afraid I'm already an "Iris Junkie in training" :D

Sherry, I have gotten many different plants and seeds off of ebay. A lot more variety than I'd ever find in my little home town ;)

10. CrisGzr

CrisGzr In Flower

I'm with you, I love iris, I recently found a huge patch in the deep shade, I'm sure it was sunny long ago, I will be transplanting them, one still blooms and it's very pretty, I hope they survive the move!

11. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Did you win those Iris? :D

I really like bearded iris, but they're not too fond of our climate and I have no really good bearded iris space, so I make do with the Siberian type. Not as showy but nice nonetheless. :D

12. Gardengirl

Gardengirl Young Pine

What an amazing selection of iris Pondlady, I didn't realise there were so many varieties. Beautiful photos.