Caution when cleaning glass shower doors!

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Capt Kirk, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

If you have glass shower doors in your shower, don't use the automatic shower cleaners. My brother in law has used one for about a year and couldn't figure out why the doors looked so bad. He took them down to see if he could mabe buff the haze from them. That's when he realized that the glass was pitted. The cleaner solution from the spray system had done it.

moderator's note: added a more descriptive title to topic

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Another story to back up my ideas that with cleaning products (and other things), if it sounds easy and too good to be true it IS! I hope it isn't too expensive to replace those glass doors Capt.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Thank you for the warning! We are going to re-do our two bathrooms, and I wanted shower doors rather than shower curtains. I'll be sure to use a cleaner (probably vinegar) that won't pit the doors.
    Those automatic cleaners sound great, but if they damage the glass, I'll give them a pass.

5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I only use Lime Away on my new shower. I love mine and would never do anything to harm it.

Barb in Pa.