Chalk Up Another Great Idea

Discussion in 'Interior Design' started by mverch, May 20, 2006.

1. mverch

mverch New Seed

Hi!

Do you have children who are budding artists?

Here's a great idea for a child's bedroom or playroom. There is a paint available known as "blackboard" paint. You can paint it on any wall and turn it into a blackboard surface. It should be available at your local home center store.

Here is a picture I took is how one family even created a stage with it. Only the black background is paint, everything else is chalk:

[​IMG]

Hope you enjoy this idea. Let me know.

Yours,
    - Melisa

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. gsmark
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Definately a great idea for those with young children Melisa. They tend not to draw on the walls if they have a large chalkboard to use instead.
    I really like the idea of the stage for a childrens bedroom too. They can change the background whenever they choose to suit the occsssion!!

It's lovely to have you here at GardenStew with us and I hope you'll pop into General Discussions and let us know a little about yourself. Feel free to add important dates (like your birthday) to our calendar and why not put yourself on our map? We also have a great free blog facility for our members. :)

I'm looking forward to getting to know you. :-D

4. DiDi

DiDi New Seed

Hey Melisa.

That is such a great idea. Painting the entire room will give the child the freedom to paint to his or her hearts content.

I should pitch that to a few potential clients.

Thanks again

DiDi

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:wave: DiDi and welcome to the GardenStew forums. :-D

Advertisement
  6. NewAttitude

NewAttitude Seedling

Blackboard Paint has got to be one of the coolest inventions and I can see it staying very popular until they make paint on visual displays a little more functional and cheaper (think of your plasma TV in paint form).

I've even saw an example where someone liked blackboard paint so much that they decided to paint their car all over with it! I don't know if I'd go that far, but it's definitely a fun thing to have around in a place with kids or without.

7. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Its a great idea for childs room .Mine spent some time cleaning their drawings off of all kinds of places.They were very artist in all the wrong places.

8. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Welcome DiDi to the Stew .Glad to have you .Please come in often and teach us some new things are add a few commits.