Cheese biscuits

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by marlingardener, Feb 17, 2023.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

As a reward for folding fitted bed sheets, I allowed myself to have fun in the kitchen. (I think I'll have to take the remedial course in folding.)
    We are having ham steaks, baked sweet potatoes, broccoli, and cheese biscuits for dinner. Can you tell our weather is rather chilly?

Droopy, Pacnorwest, Logan and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Woah!
    Yes I can tell. I’ll bet your man is wearing out the knees of his, praying for continued cold weather.

Good luck with your remedial courses. Can you get a pensioners’ discount. Mwaaahaa,haa,ha.

Pacnorwest, Melody Mc. and eileen like this.
  4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I'm not going to tell my husband what you did after folding fitted sheets, @marlingardener, because I'm never going to fold another if I can help it. Last time I needed new ones I found some that came in a bag the same colour as the sheet. I never thought I'd get that sheet back into the bag but turns out they roll up nicely, takes up very little space, and are easy to sort by colour. So no cheese biscuits here. The scale is in cm.

20230218_160020.jpg

5. Melody Mc.

Melody Mc. Young Pine

When my son was an infant and very ill, I worked nights and weekends instead of days. I ran the laundry room of a new hotel. We had this thing called a "third arm". You step on it, it grasps your fold where you want,and away you go.

However.....no fitted sheets. All flat. I think the staff would have spent so much time cussing, rolling them up into balls, stuffing them in closets.....

maybe that is why the hotel didn't have fitted sheets. They all "dissapeared". :)

Advertisement
  6. Dirtmechanic

Dirtmechanic Young Pine

I believe even Martha Stewart said you cannot fold fitted sheet.

marlingardener, Melody Mc. and Sjoerd like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Well, we do fold our fitted sheets; however, you can fold as carefully as you want but the result is never anywhere near as nice as with a flat sheet.

There is a technique though that works pretty well for us. We use sheets that are of a certain type of material and then when you slip them onto the mattress, it pulls out any wrinkles that may be present. I reckon all fitted sheets will do that if they are not too large for the mattress.

Melody Mc. likes this.
  8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Sjoerd, it isn't the wrinkles in the sheets that is the problem. It is the wrinkles trying to fold fitted sheets cause on ME!

9. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Screammmmmmmmmm…….
    Oh my goodness, Jane. What are you like!!
    You made me laugh so hard that tears squirted from my eyes.
    Jane, Jane, Jane — you’ve just got to stop with this merciless humour.

Melody Mc. and Pacnorwest like this.