Chef Paul Prudhomme has died

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by marlingardener, Oct 8, 2015.

1. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

He brought Cajun cooking to the forefront, and enriched the diets and taste buds of people all over the USA.
    I'd never heard of, much less made a roux, until I got his cookbook. Blackened fish? Dirty rice? Turkey gumbo? Oh, yes, those are staples in our house now.
    I'm so glad that he cooked his way to fame and gave a new (yet old) cuisine to the American diet. Many of his recipes are complicated and take most of the day to prepare, but what is more enjoyable than a day in the kitchen with lovely aromas, great ingredients, and Prudhomme's cookbook open on the island?

stratsmom and zuzu's petals like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Logan
      Replies:
      Views:

3. zuzu's petals

zuzu's petals Silly Old Bat Plants Contributor

R.I.P. Chef Paul.

I raise a glass and offer a celebratory toast in honor of a remarkable life.
    There will be a great Cajun feast served at the table of the angels,
    so, bon appetit and laissez les bon temps rouler in the great here-after!​

stratsmom and marlingardener like this.
  4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Well as I have never heard of him I evidently have a very limited palate. If his recipes take more than 1/2 hour to read and prepare I am probably nota good candidate to try his stuff out on. But RIP chef.

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I haven't heard of Paul but it's always sad when a great chef passes on. Thankfully his recipes were preserved in his book and won't be lost. I am sure there will be others making and eating his food for generations to come.

Advertisement
  6. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I watched a few of his cooking programs but I am kind of like Carolyn, the recipes need to be short and easy or they don't interest me. I know there are many who will miss him though.
    I liked Justin Wilson's form of Cajun cooking more. He was popular on PBS in the 1970's but I think he was more regional, not being broadcast much outside of Louisiana and Texas for the most part.

7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I have never tried Cajun cooking...to me it looks burnt and I don't like anything burnt...even fussy about my toast.. I will only eat it lightly toasted. Plus I try to eat everything mild, none of those hot dishes. My stomach couldn't handle it.
    R.I.P. Chef Paul....