Chicken poop compost tea

Discussion in 'Pets' started by stratsmom, Jun 16, 2016.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Saturday morning we were standing in a line at a memorial service. My mother in law told my husband that their new chicks were growing really fast and loved their coop. I told my father in law that I'd appreciate a bag of poop for my birthday. Mom says "Oh no, you don't want that, it is too fresh". I said that's ok, I'll use it for tea. She looked at me like I had lost my mind. I explained to her what I meant and she was very relieved!:rolleyes:

Philip Nulty and carolyn like this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Zigs
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. marlingardener
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

:rofl: I'll bet she was!! I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to drink chicken poop tea!!:smt078

stratsmom and Philip Nulty like this.
  4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

I'm with Mom....I read the title and thought you clearly had lost your mind!!!!! So PLEASE explain it to me!!!! :eek::oops::confused:

stratsmom likes this.
  5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Ha ha ha! Every gardener treasures poop tea of any variety. I was just thinking about making some from my girls.

Ronni, Manure tea is the manure added to a bucket of water and steeped like drinking tea, but you water plants with it instead. the plants respond very well to it... growing lush and fruitful with the dilution and it is much harder to burn the roots or leaves with the tea as opposed to adding manure directly to the garden or around a plant.

stratsmom and Philip Nulty like this.