chiuaua/dauchhound mix

Discussion in 'Pets' started by jelen, Mar 4, 2007.

1. jelen

jelen New Seed

i recently got a mix of the 2 dogs it is tiny i was wondering if anyone has the same mix and what they can tell me about it

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Tonya Oliver
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. Pianolady
      Replies:
      Views:

3. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

How old is the dog. I have a chihuahua/daschund mix, or at least that is what the vet believes she is. She weighs 11 pounds full grown. If she were as big as she thinks she is we would have to muzzle and chain her. She is very tenacious in the sense that if she makes her mind up to do something she will. She is very active, loves to chase and kill possums, if she can get a hold of one. Very nosey and quite loveable. She likes to burrow under the cover and sleep at your feet. Burrowing is a daschund trait. Her only bad point is, she doesn't like small children, but never bothered Sarah, our youngest daughter,who was only 2 when we got the dog. She may have been abused by them before we got her, because she was definitely abused by someone. She was dropped off at a church we used to attend and my husband brought her home against my wishes. I have not regretted it in the least, I would not trade Charity for 10 purebreed dogs.

4. jelen

jelen New Seed

thast awesome!! ya she is so tiny, like the size of my hand. we have another dog a lab an she already loves the new guy!! but i was wondering if you had any problems with her or if there is anything that they require?? i just want to give him the best things he needs!!

5. jelen

jelen New Seed

and he is 8 weeks old!! very cute!!

Advertisement
  6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

He is probably miniature varieties. Charity is pretty easy going, regular vet check ups and following his instructions should do good. They don't like cold so if he doesn't sleep in the bed with you make sure he has a blanket he can burrow under, a babies flannel blanket should be good. Nothing synthetic that balls up because he might suck or chew the little balls off and that could strangle him.

7. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Jelen,
    I would love to see a picture of your little guy! I'm wanting to get a small dog. I would love to have a mini doxie or a small Aussie but hate to pay the price when there are so many shelter animals out there looking for a good home. I'd be interested to hear about any small mixes that anyone has known and loved :-D
    Deanna
    :-D

8. jelen

jelen New Seed

chihuahua / daushound

i am having a hard time potty training my little pup!! which i named tank by the way, thought it was funny... where we are i toronto it is too cold for him to go outside since he is so young an small...but he is going to the bathroom everywhere!!!
    how did u potty train yours??

9. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

Some friends of mine who raise chihuahuas actually litter trained their dogs. You can also use puppy training pads. Try keeping him confined to one part of the house, except of course when you are playing with him and getting him to socialize. Which ever you use, the litter method or the training pads it may be necessary to transfer some of his dropping to the place where you want him to use the potty. A puppy will always have to use the bathroom when he first wakes up, and right after eating, so make sure you show him where to go. I hope this makes sense.