Christmas Comes To The Harbour

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Sjoerd, Nov 19, 2020.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

It is still too early for christmas decs, but we have taken our first steps—poinsettia’s:
    5CB1F5DC-E771-403E-97A7-3CABFB2BEF27.jpeg

This red ball had to find its place on the salon table in the living room. In order for this to happen the plant that was on that table had to move into the multi-media room.
    99CB63C7-FDC6-4A4A-94A0-8221CB960564.jpeg

The overall effect is a bit OTT, looking like you are sitting in a rain forest. It is temporary (I think), but I heard the Bride make an off hand comment , spoken softly, that it looks good. Uh-oh.
    5967E59E-ED0A-4827-83A8-9A29BA040448.jpeg

Well we’ll see...but for now, it is Happy Christmas wishes to you all. Celebrate in a sensible way.

Growingpains and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

Christmas? Already, Sjoerd? Thanksgiving comes first!
    The Poinsettia is beautiful as are all the plants. Also noted
    is the new light globe.

Sjoerd likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Forgive me, but your bride is right--it does look good! Not too much, but just enough.
    The day after Thanksgiving (Nov. 27) we will be putting lights in the front windows and decorating the entrance gates with greenery and red bows.
    We love Christmas! I've been baking Christmas treats for a couple of weeks and stashing them in our over-flowing freezer. We will get a poinsettia for the living room, put out the nativities that we have collected, and get a real tree and decorate it with ornaments we have collected over the years. There will be carols on the stereo and the whole house will smell of good food. We are so darned fortunate!
    Sorry Sojerd, celebrating in a sensible way isn't in our plans. We will be social distancing, not hosting parties, and being careful when and where we shop, but sensible doesn't figure in our Christmas--just over-the-top!

Sjoerd and Growingpains like this.
  5. Growingpains

Growingpains Young Pine

MarlinGardener, that is as it should be. Each person or couple should celebrate or not, as they choose. We used to do a lot more, not as much as you do, but more than we do now. I enjoy driving, at night, past the well decorated homes, thankful for the glow. A wreath on the door is about my limit now. A few old decorations. No tree now that even the grandchildren have their own.

Sjoerd likes this.