Colors to go with Fireplace and Furniture

Discussion in 'Choosing Colors' started by KitKat70, Feb 26, 2009.

1. KitKat70

KitKat70 New Seed

Ok. I've attached pictures of my living room and the new furniture... In the living room picture the brick on the fireplace and carpet stays so, disregard everything else. The second picture is of the new new furniture we have. I prefer a warm, cozy feel. So, my question is.....

What colors would you use for the wall, curtains and accent pieces???

thanks a bunch! =)

[​IMG]
    Living Room ( photo / image / picture from KitKat70's Garden )

[​IMG]
    Furniture ( photo / image / picture from KitKat70's Garden )

2. Loading...

3. jde

jde New Seed

I would choose some darker shades of red and brown and maybe a little black to match the fireplace and to give a warm feeling.

4. russian_GRL

russian_GRL New Seed

I would use jewel tones to bring a pop of color to the room, since both carpet and the new furniture are neutrals. Greens and deep browns tend to have a restful and calming effect (think restful forest).
    Dark browns will also complement the bricks in the fireplace I think.
    Also, is it possible to re-arrange the furniture? It seems it would be a better idea to have the couch face the fireplace (a natural focal point. Also another consideration - when you enter the house you are immediately greeted by the living room and right now the first thing you see is a back (or side) of the couch). I think it will look more inviting if you are greeted by a couch turned towards the person who is entering.