computer help

Discussion in 'Computer and Internet' started by aloes, Apr 10, 2005.

1. aloes

aloes New Seed

I hope this forum is what I think it is. If not, then please just kill my message. As to computer help. This is for my screen. It makes a pillow-case but I can not adjust it with the buttons on the screen. Time to throw it out ? Screens seem to have a very short life. this is my 4th one going in 14 years. Normal? I paid for 2 screens to have it checked and in both cases the verdict was that to have it fixed will be more expensive than a new screen. The last two I did not bother to pay first and then discard it and I guess I will have to do the same now. - but as it still "works" maybe there is a setting wrong ?

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Well generally if the buttons on the screen do not work then I suspect there may indeed be something wrong with the screen.

I have had a couple of screens in my lifetime but I never had to replace any. Strange.

Maybe bring to a repair shop anyhow, maybe it is something simple you may be overlooking.

4. aloes

aloes New Seed

screen

Screen failures had one common factor - it was in hot weather. It seems that screens are sensitive in that way? Now what is cheaper, a screen ever 2nd summer or air conditioning :D I must learn how to replace the fuse, but in this case it is not the fuse. We do not have any technicians over here in our town and those that are in Cape Town seems to make a living just looking, that is expensive enough, they need not worry to fix it. :x
    Thanks for the reply.