cuisinart recall

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by carolyn, Apr 6, 2017.

1. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

did any of you have a food processor that was part of the recall back in Jan? I did. I still have not received the replacement blade. I sent them an email today to inquire about it... my blade is not scheduled to be shipped until next month. 5 months to get a replacement blade. can you believe that? I am glad mine is not broken at this point because I have used it since the recall, but I think I would have tossed it and bought a new one had I been needing it, the blade was broken and I had to wait that long for a new one. so all I was going to tell you was be patient evidently they haven't forgotten us.

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

According to the website they have been overwhelmed by responses to the recall, have only one manufacturer that they use to make the blades and it takes a while to get them made correctly so the wait for some is about 6 months from the first recall notice in December. And they are sending replacements to people in the order that person registered with them.

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Thank heavens I have a Hamilton Beach--simple, easy to clean, and so far after two years of pretty hard use, still in one piece!

5. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Jane I got mine as a wedding gift. I have had it a long time now and it still works just fine. they just recalled the blade to replace. thankfully mine isn't broken and I can still use it... but gosh... I would be in trouble if I needed it. I canned carrots a while ago and we are all out I need to make more and I use my fp for that.