Cuttings anyone?

Discussion in 'Garden Design' started by blissful photons, Sep 14, 2012.

1. blissful photons

blissful photons In Flower

Had to slice thru my Pothos and Tradescantia (purple) taking over the sidewalk with my mega powered Troy-Bilt four cycle weedeater with .105 diameter line.

[​IMG]

I've been waiting for years to hear from the city of code violations regarding my Camphor Tree hanging out over the street. Well, I finally received it. Here is a picture of the bad tree. (And this tree is bad to the bone. All year it drops small branches and leaves. And seed production is incredible. No pre-emergent herbicide has ever worked and they come up all over the yard, causing serious maintenance costs and problems).Tomorrow it's getting pruned, and a new improved tree will be presented.

So, one might ask, why would you keep a tree so bad.

There are two sides to everything. This other particular side involves beautiful bark, aromatic (all parts), nice branching patterns, and plenty of fruit to the wildlife that feed on it. And ironically, I like it because it is a bit demanding.

[​IMG]

Henry Johnson likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. blissful photons

blissful photons In Flower

4. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Ouch! Poor plants... but I guess that's what they get for wandering onto the sidewalk.
    And you're absolutely right about the Camphor tree. We have two of them and they are messy. But I wouldn't trade them for anything. They are our only evergreen trees. And they aren't in anyone's way.

5. mepooooo

mepooooo New Seed

Good job with the Camphor Tree. My neighbour has one and it looks awesome in the winter. When only it has green leaves. I want one for my garden but I dont have enough space:( The Pothos and the Tradescantia look great. I don't like when plants take place on the sidewalk so in my oppinion you have took the right decision.