Cypella Aquatica-Water Orchid

Discussion in 'Water Gardening' started by Zinnia, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Zinnia

Zinnia Seedling

I bout this plant from a Nursery that no longer exists. So does anyone know how to take care of these? This summer was so hot I couldn't keep H2O in its container. They are Bulbs and have come back before, need some tips and pointers please. I have only received one beautiful flower from it 3 years ago, and I would like to see it flourish once again.

2. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I found a little information here.

Good luck with it. :)

3. Zinnia

Zinnia Seedling

Thanks Droopy, if you find anything else let me know, I have searched all over the web, and I only get little snippets as you have so nicely provided. I think all I can really do is experiment! And keep my :fingerscrossed:

4. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I wonder why this is. Most plants I look up are well described on the web, but not this one. :(

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

This is all I could find about your plant Zinnia. There just doesn't seem to be much information on it anywhere on the net. :(

"Cypella Aquatica/Water Orchid.

Very rare and truly unique, Yellow flowers that look like tulips persist for weeks. Sometimes referred to as water tulip. Unfortunately not frost hardy but very easy to over winter indoors or in greenhouse. Suitable as a marginal plant. Height 12-24 inches. Flowering time June- August."