Danged tree rats !

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Capt Kirk, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

I had put some corn on the ground for the Doves and Blue Jays and the dang squirrel ate most of it. Then later on I put some cat food out for Momma cat, and I caught the squirrel eating it after she got done! I'm going to have to claim him as a dependent for tax purposes!

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Our Wood pigeons and squirrels do exactly the same with the bird food I put out. They're eating me out of house and home!!:rolleyes:

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I caught part of a program about squirrels and how to try and trick them away from the feeders....they are pretty smart even if you keep moving the feeders or trays around they will find a way to get at it....the chipmunks are out here in Wisconsin now and they are also pretty smart about things. I think the only thing I accomplished that worked with the chipmunks was planting a small tomato plant just for them on the patio so they would leave the large ones for us alone. I even pick the small tomatoes and lay them on the ledge for them...it works so I will do it again for them....:fingerscrossed: